Use Emoji on Galaxy S4
Edited by Ephraim, Lynn, Melsan, Leomar Umpad and 5 others
EditHow to Install and Use Emoji on Samsung Galaxy S4
Now you can enjoy the use of Emoji on your Samsung phone.
This guide will show you how to use the hidden Emoji keyboard on your Samsung Galaxy S4. This will let you use Emoji icons in your SMS messages and email, and allow you to post your Emoji icons on sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
It will also show you how to install the Handcent App for sending Emoji. Just keep in mind that there will be times where you may need to have the same App or keyboards installed as a friend to see certain Emojis.
Note that if you're using another Android device, and aren't sure if it can read or support Emoji, we've also included a a section at the end of this guide on how to see if your Android phone supports Emoji.
EditHow to Install Emoji on Your Samsung Galaxy S4
We'll show you how to use the hidden iPhone Emoji keyboard built into every S4.
This is a comprehensive guide you can use to install the free Handcent App on your Samsung phone, or another paid app. We have also included a section on Emoji Apps for other Android phones, and a list of Emoji characters you can use to test whether your phone can display Emoji characters.
Each section is linked below, and clicking a link will jump you to that part of the page so you can quickly get started installing and using your own Emoji icons.
- 1How do I access the hidden Emoji keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy S4?Now that's a good question, since most people don't even know about the hidden Emoji keyboard. To access the hidden Emoji keyboard on your device, CLICK HERE, and follow the steps.2How do I get the free Handcent Emoji working on my Samsung Galaxy S4 from the Google Play Store?You'll need to first install the Handcent SMS App, and then install the Handcent SMS Emoji Plugin. Note that you need to install them in this order, or they will not work, and you will need to uninstall them and start over.3How do I get the free Handcent Emoji working on my Samsung Galaxy S4 from the Mobile Web?To do this, first you'll need to download and install the Handcent SMS App, followed by the Handcent SMS Emoji Plugin. Keep in mind that you have to install them in the order listed here, or they won't work, which means you'll need to uninstall them and start over.4How do I use Handcent to send SMS messages with Emoji?Once you have installed the Handcent SMS App and the Handcent Emoji Plugin, instructions for using Handcent to send Emoji messages can be found here.5How do I get Emoji on my other Android device?For everyone else on Android, we've added some tips and instructions to help you get Emoji working on your Android keyboard. Of course, if you're running 4.2.2 or 4.4 Kit Kat, you can just refer to Step One of this section, and that's all you need.6How do I see if Emoji is working on my phone?Simply visit our list of emoji characters to see if your phone can read Emoji, and check if they are displayed on your phone. Anything that shows up as a box isn't installed on your phone. Note that you can also look on your computer or Tablet, and will notice differences depending on the system you are using to see these Emoji characters.
EditHow to Use Built In Emoji on the Samsung Galaxy S4
That's right, your Samsung GS4 has a full range of built in Emojis - but they're hidden.
Not very many people know it, but with the release of Android 4.2.2, or 4.4 Kit Kat, an Emoji Keyboard is hidden in every Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, and Note III. This is because Samsung updated their operating system to support these changes to Android. That means anyone can access the hidden Emoji Keyboard built into their device, whether on Android or on Samsung's version of Android.
To find out what version of the Android or Samsung operating system you're running, just go to 'Settings' -> 'More' -> 'About Device' -> 'Software Version'.
The Emoji Keyboard is easy to access, though using it outside of your messaging app and Facebook might require a little extra effort if you're on the S4. Many functions in Android don't always work the same in every app, and Emoji keyboards are no exception.
That said, here are the steps to accessing your own built in Emoji Keyboard.
- 1Open your SMS App, then press and hold the microphone button, shown below.2Tap the 'Smiley' face on the pop up window to open your Emoji keyboard.3You should now see an Emoji Keyboard, with the 'Smiley' characters selected.4Now you can scroll to see more Emoji characters, or tap a different icon set to the right or left of the 'Smiley' set pictured above.5Just tap the ABC icon on the bottom left of the Emoji window, and you'll be able to type regular letters again.
- Note that if you are unable to access your own hidden Emoji keyboard, make sure you're running the latest version of the Android or Samsung operating system.
- Need more help, or want to learn how to install a different system? Click here to return to the menu of items for using Emoji on the Samsung Galaxy S4.
EditHow to Install Handcent SMS on the GS4 through Play Store
Use the Google Play store to install Handcent.
Handcent is an application that lets you send Emoji SMS messages once you've installed the SMS App, and the Emoji Plugin. It's important to install them in that order, or sometimes they won't work. Here are the steps.
- 1Go to your Home screen.There are several ways of going to your Home screen. You can tap on the Home key once to get to the Home screen or repeatedly tap on the Back key until it takes you to the Home screen.2Tap on the Apps icon.The Apps icon is the "square-like" icon on the lower-right part of your Galaxy S4's Home screen. Tap on it to open the list of applications installed on your phone.3Open the 'Play Store' application.Once you are on the Apps folder, look for the 'Play Store' icon, and tap the icon to open it.4Tap on the 'Search button'.From Play Store, tap on the Search button located on the upper right part of your screen.5In the search box, type in 'handcent'.6Tap on the first result that has the title 'Handcent SMS'.7Tap the 'Install' button.8Approve the install by giving the required permissions.9Wait for the download and install to finish.10You have successfully installed the Handcent SMS App on your Galaxy S4.
- Need more help, or want to learn how to install a different system? Click here to return to the menu of items for using Emoji on the Samsung Galaxy S4.
EditHow to Install Handcent Emoji on GS4 through Play Store
This will show you how to install the Handcent Emoji Plugin.
Now that you've installed the Handcent SMS App, you can install the Handcent Emoji Plugin. Note that if you did not already install the Handcent SMS App, you should return to the previous section, and follow those steps to install it, otherwise, your Emoji might not work.
- 1Go to your Home screen.There are several ways of going to your Home screen. You can tap on the Home key once to get to the Home screen, or repeatedly tap on the Back key until it takes you to the Home screen.2Tap on the Apps icon.The Apps icon is the "square-like" icon on the lower-right part of your Galaxy S4's Home screen. Tap on it to open the list of applications installed on your phone.3Locate and tap on the 'Play Store' application.4Tap on the 'Search button'.5Type the word 'handcent' into the search area.6Tap the second result that reads 'Handcent Emoji Plugin'.7Install the Handcent Emoji Plugin on your Galaxy S4.8Tap 'Continue'.A message will inform you that the Handcent Emoji Plugin does not require any special permission. From here you can simply tap the 'Continue' button again to proceed.9Wait for your download to finish and install.Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Handcent Emoji Plugin on your Galaxy S4.
EditHow to Install Handcent SMS on the GS4 with Mobile Web
You can also use your Mobile Web to install Handcent SMS.
If you prefer to install the Handcent SMS App on your Samsung Galaxy S4 with the Mobile Web, simply follow these instructions.
- 1Go to your Home screen.There are several ways of going to your Home screen. You can tap on the Home key once to get to the Home screen, or repeatedly tap on the Back key until it takes you to the Home screen.2Tap on your Apps icon.The Apps icon is the "square-like" icon on the lower-right part of your Galaxy S4's Home screen. Tap it to open the list of applications installed on your phone.3Open the 'Internet' application.The internet application allows you to surf the web using your Samsung Galaxy S4. There are other browser applications that you can use too, such as Chrome, Opera Mini, and Boat Browser.4Go to the Play Store's official site, at the Google Play Store.5On the Play Store site, search for 'Handcent'.6Tap on the first result, which should be named 'Handcent' or 'Handcent SMS App', depending on your location and settings.7Tap the 'Install' button.8Give the required permissions, and wait for the download to finish and install.9Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Handcent SMS App on your Galaxy S4.Now you can proceed to the next step, and install the Handcent Emoji Plugin.
EditHow to Install Handcent Emoji on the GS4 with Mobile Web
Once you have installed the Handcent SMS App, it's time to install the Emojis.
You need to have the Handcent SMS App installed before you can install Emojis, so if you haven't already done so, refer to the previous section of this guide, and install Handcent SMS. If you have already done that, then proceed with your installation of the Emoji Plugin using the steps provided below.
- 1Go to the Home screen of your Galaxy S4.2Tap on the Apps icon.3Tap on the 'Internet' icon.4Go to the Google Play Store.5Search for 'Handcent' on the Google Play Store.6Tap the second result that reads 'Handcent Emoji Plugin'.7Tap the 'Install button' to install the Handcent Emoji Plugin on your Galaxy S4.8Tap 'Continue'.A message will inform you that the Handcent Emoji Plugin does not require any special permission. From here you can simply tap the 'Continue' button again to proceed.9Wait for the download to finish and install.Congratulations, you have installed the Handcent Emoji Plugin on your Galaxy S4.
EditHow to Use Emoji on Your Galaxy S4 with Handcent
If you installed both of the Handcent Apps, you're ready to send your first Emoji SMS.
Once you've installed the Handcent SMS App and the Emoji Plugin, in that order, you can start using Handcent to send SMS messages, or post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- 1Go to your Home screen.There are several ways of going to your Home screen. You can tap on the Home key once to get to the Home screen, or repeatedly tap on the Back key until it takes you to the Home screen.2Tap on the Apps icon.The Apps icon is the 'square-like"'icon on the lower-right part of your Galaxy S4's Home screen. Tap it to open the list of applications installed on your phone.3Tap the 'Handcent SMS' icon.From your App list, look for the icon of Handcent SMS. Tap it to open the application.4From your Handcent SMS App, choose a contact that you would like to send an Emoji to.5Tap the 'Smiley icon' on the lower left part of your screen.6Tap the Emoji tab.This is the second tab, and is labeled 'Emoji'.7Select the Emoji icons you want to put in the message by simply tapping them, just like you would normally tap your keyboard to write something.Note that you can add more than one Emoji in your message.8Your selected Emojis will now appear in the message box.If you tap another Emoji, it will also appear in the message box. You can also switch back to your keyboard to add letters, numbers, or symbols to your message.9Now, send your message.To do this, simply tap the 'Send' button, located to the right of the message box.10Now you know how to use Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S4 using Handcent SMS.
EditHow to Use Android Keyboards to get Emoji Characters
Many versions of Andriod have Emojis, they just aren't always easy to access.
The sections below cover a wide range of Android Emoji keyboards. Some of them are built in, and others are specific to device manufacturers or a particular version of the Android system. Depending on your needs, one of these keyboards may suit you just fine.
It's also important to note that with the release of Kit Kat 4.4, and Android 4.2.2, there is a built in Emoji keyboard. You can read more about this hidden Emoji keyboard in our guide for how to access the hidden Emoji keyboard on your Android or Samsung phone.
Otherwise, we've provided a list of alternate Android Emoji keyboards below, complete with functions and steps to access or customize them where applicable. As ever, thanks for reading HOWikis, and let us know if we can provide more answers.
EditHow to Type Emojis using the iWnn IME Keyboard
If you're using the iWnn Keyboard, this should help.
Some Adroid devices, specifically the Nexus line products, have their own built-in Emoji keyboard in iWnn IME form. You can easily check if you have it or not by doing the following:
- 1Go to your applications options.2Go to your settings options then tap on 'Language'.3Look in the input section for the list of available keyboards to see if iWnn IME is present.If it is, then you can enable it.4Once iWNN IME is enabled, you can easily switch from a normal keyboard to the iWnn IME keyboard, and get a visual keyboard full of Emojis.
EditHow to Type Emoji Icons on the Android Keyboard
With this keyboard, you can type Emoji with keywords in the default Android keyboard.
If this keyboard is not available for you, you can download an application called Google Keyboard, if you own a Samsung or HTC Android phone that does not already have the default Emoji Keyboard installed. Here's how to install it if you don't already have it.
- 1Go to your applications and look for the Google Play Store.2Tap the magnifying glass and type in 'Google Keyboard'.3Tap 'Download', and install the application.4After the application installs, go to 'Settings' -> 'Language and Input'.5On your Android keyboard (Google Keyboard), click the settings button right next to the keyboard.6Scroll down to add dictionaries and tap the list for Emoji / English words.7Install it, and refresh or restart your device is the Keyboard does not show.8After installation, the Google Keyboard is installed in every app.Therefore, if you type "victory" or "happy", you will find icons for a finger 'V' symbol for victory, or a smiley face for happy. You can type on any keyboard to trigger the Emoji icons.
- Note: If you have problems, reinstall the Google Keyboard from your Google Play Store.
- This link has the Emoji Keyboard Word List, and you can open it with any PDF viewer. Credit to Skangerland.
EditHow to Type Using Emojis on Other Keyboards
You can use more than one keyboard to type your Emojis on.
If your device does not have the iWnn IME keyboard, or you would rather have a User Interface for inserting emoticons, you can install the Handcent SMS App, discussed earlier in this guide, use the hidden iPhone Android Emoji keyboard, or install Kii Keyboard, or another keyboard, if you prefer.
EditHow to Create Your Own Emoji Keywords for Shortcuts
If you prefer keywords for triggering Emojis, why not create your own keywords?
If you'd like to create your own keywords to use for inserting the Emojis you use most frequently, you can simply create a word or keyword shortcuts. To add those shortcuts you must have the following items installed: •Android Google Keyboard •Any other keyboard with a User Interface like iWnn, Kiim Multiling, and so on.
If you have those items, follow these steps to set your own keyword shortcuts for Emojis.
- 1On your phone go to 'Settings' -> 'Language and Input'.2Select 'Android Google Keyboard', and click the 'Settings'.3Scroll down to the 'Personal Dictionary' option.4Tap the plus sign (+) button, and under the Phrase section, insert the Emoji you want to use.Note that you may need to use 'Emoji User Interface' to do that, depending on your Keyboard.5To create your shortcut, type in the keyword you want to use for triggering the 'Emoji'.6
EditHow to See if Your Samsung or Android Can Read Emoji
This is a list of Emoji characters, which you can use to see if your phone can read them.
If your phone can read most of these icons, then your phone can read Emoji characters.
Here's how to test:
- 1Open a web browser in Samsung phone or Android device2Visit to this page and scroll down to these Emojis.3If you only see boxes, your phone can not currently read Emojis, and you'll need to enable them with one of the steps provided earlier in this guide.
These are the Emoji codes you can use to test if you're able to view them on your phone:
- U+1F31x 🌐 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌙 🌚 🌛 🌜 🌝 🌞 🌟 🌀 🌁 🌂 🌃 🌄 🌅 🌆 🌇 🌈 🌉 🌊 🌋 🌌 🌍 🌎 🌏
- U+1F32x 🌠
- U+1F33x 🌰 🌱 🌲 🌳 🌴 🌵 🌷 🌸 🌹 🌺 🌻 🌼 🌽 🌾 🌿
- U+1F34x 🍀 🍁 🍂 🍃 🍄 🍅 🍆 🍇 🍈 🍉 🍊 🍋 🍌 🍍 🍎 🍏
- U+1F35x 🍐 🍑 🍒 🍓 🍔 🍕 🍖 🍗 🍘 🍙 🍚 🍛 🍜 🍝 🍞 🍟
- U+1F36x 🍠 🍡 🍢 🍣 🍤 🍥 🍦 🍧 🍨 🍩 🍪 🍫 🍬 🍭 🍮 🍯
- U+1F37x 🍰 🍱 🍲 🍳 🍴 🍵 🍶 🍷 🍸 🍹 🍺 🍻 🍼
- U+1F38x 🎀 🎁 🎂 🎃 🎄 🎅 🎆 🎇 🎈 🎉 🎊 🎋 🎌 🎍 🎎 🎏
- U+1F39x 🎐 🎑 🎒 🎓
- U+1F3Ax 🎠 🎡 🎢 🎣 🎤 🎥 🎦 🎧 🎨 🎩 🎪 🎫 🎬 🎭 🎮 🎯
- U+1F3Bx 🎰 🎱 🎲 🎳 🎴 🎵 🎶 🎷 🎸 🎹 🎺 🎻 🎼 🎽 🎾 🎿
- U+1F3Cx 🏀 🏁 🏂 🏃 🏄 🏆 🏇 🏈 🏉 🏊
- U+1F3Ex 🏠 🏡 🏢 🏣 🏤 🏥 🏦 🏧 🏨 🏩 🏪 🏫 🏬 🏭 🏮 🏯
- U+1F3Fx 🏰
- U+1F40x 🐀 🐁 🐂 🐃 🐄 🐅 🐆 🐇 🐈 🐉 🐊 🐋 🐌 🐍 🐎 🐏
- U+1F41x 🐐 🐑 🐒 🐓 🐔 🐕 🐖 🐗 🐘 🐙 🐚 🐛 🐜 🐝 🐞 🐟
- U+1F42x 🐠 🐡 🐢 🐣 🐤 🐥 🐦 🐧 🐨 🐩 🐪 🐫 🐬 🐭 🐮 🐯
- U+1F43x 🐰 🐱 🐲 🐳 🐴 🐵 🐶 🐷 🐸 🐹 🐺 🐻 🐼 🐽 🐾
- U+1F44x 👀 👂 👃 👄 👅 👆 👇 👈 👉 👊 👋 👌 👍 👎 👏
- U+1F45x 👐 👑 👒 👓 👔 👕 👖 👗 👘 👙 👚 👛 👜 👝 👞 👟
- U+1F46x 👠 👡 👢 👣 👤 👥 👦 👧 👨 👩 👪 👫 👬 👭 👮 👯
- U+1F47x 👰 👱 👲 👳 👴 👵 👶 👷 👸 👹 👺 👻 👼 👽 👾 👿
- U+1F48x 💀 💁 💂 💃 💄 💅 💆 💇 💈 💉 💊 💋 💌 💍 💎 💏
- U+1F49x 💐 💑 💒 💓 💔 💕 💖 💗 💘 💙 💚 💛 💜 💝 💞 💟
- U+1F4Ax 💠 💡 💢 💣 💤 💥 💦 💧 💨 💩 💪 💫 💬 💭 💮 💯
- U+1F4Bx 💰 💱 💲 💳 💴 💵 💶 💷 💸 💹 💺 💻 💼 💽 💾 💿
- U+1F4Cx 📀 📁 📂 📃 📄 📅 📆 📇 📈 📉 📊 📋 📌 📍 📎 📏
- U+1F4Dx 📐 📑 📒 📓 📔 📕 📖 📗 📘 📙 📚 📛 📜 📝 📞 📟
- U+1F4Ex 📠 📡 📢 📣 📤 📥 📦 📧 📨 📩 📪 📫 📬 📭 📮 📯
- U+1F4Fx 📰 📱 📲 📳 📴 📵 📶 📷 📹 📺 📻 📼
- U+1F50x 🔀 🔁 🔂 🔃 🔄 🔅 🔆 🔇 🔈 🔉 🔊 🔋 🔌 🔍 🔎 🔏
- U+1F51x 🔐 🔑 🔒 🔓 🔔 🔕 🔖 🔗 🔘 🔙 🔚 🔛 🔜 🔝 🔞 🔟
- U+1F52x 🔠 🔡 🔢 🔣 🔤 🔥 🔦 🔧 🔨 🔩 🔪 🔫 🔬 🔭 🔮 🔯
- U+1F53x 🔰 🔱 🔲 🔳 🔴 🔵 🔶 🔷 🔸 🔹 🔺 🔻 🔼 🔽
- U+1F54x 🕀 🕁 🕂 🕃
- U+1F55x 🕐 🕑 🕒 🕓 🕔 🕕 🕖 🕗 🕘 🕙 🕚 🕛 🕜 🕝 🕞 🕟
- U+1F56x 🕠 🕡 🕢 🕣 🕤 🕥 🕦 🕧
- U+1F5Fx 🗻 🗼 🗽 🗾 🗿
- U+1F60x 😀 😁 😂 😃 😄 😅 😆 😇 😈 😉 😊 😋 😌 😍 😎 😏
- U+1F61x 😐 😑 😒 😓 😔 😕 😖 😗 😘 😙 😚 😛 😜 😝 😞 😟
- U+1F62x 😠 😡 😢 😣 😤 😥 😦 😧 😨 😩 😪 😫 😬 😭 😮 😯
- U+1F63x 😰 😱 😲 😳 😴 😵 😶 😷 😸 😹 😺 😻 😼 😽 😾 😿
- U+1F64x 🙀 🙅 🙆 🙇 🙈 🙉 🙊 🙋 🙌 🙍 🙎 🙏
- U+1F68x 🚀 🚁 🚂 🚃 🚄 🚅 🚆 🚇 🚈 🚉 🚊 🚋 🚌 🚍 🚎 🚏
- U+1F69x 🚐 🚑 🚒 🚓 🚔 🚕 🚖 🚗 🚘 🚙 🚚 🚛 🚜 🚝 🚞 🚟
- U+1F6Ax 🚠 🚡 🚢 🚣 🚤 🚥 🚦 🚧 🚨 🚩 🚪 🚫 🚬 🚭 🚮 🚯
- U+1F6Bx 🚰 🚱 🚲 🚳 🚴 🚵 🚶 🚷 🚸 🚹 🚺 🚻 🚼 🚽 🚾 🚿
- U+1F6Cx 🛀 🛁 🛂 🛃 🛄 🛅
- U+260x ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☇ ☈ ☉ ☊ ☋ ☌ ☍ ☎ ☏
- U+261x ☐ ☑ ☒ ☓ ☔ ☕ ☖ ☗ ☘ ☙ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟
- U+262x ☠ ☡ ☢ ☣ ☤ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫ ☬ ☭ ☮ ☯
- U+263x ☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷ ☸ ☹ ☺ ☻ ☼ ☽ ☾ ☿
- U+264x ♀ ♁ ♂ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏
- U+265x ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ ♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟
- U+266x ♠ ♡ ♢ ♣ ♤ ♥ ♦ ♧ ♨ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯
- U+267x ♰ ♱ ♲ ♳ ♴ ♵ ♶ ♷ ♸ ♹ ♺ ♻ ♼ ♽ ♾ ♿
- U+268x ⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚃ ⚄ ⚅ ⚆ ⚇ ⚈ ⚉ ⚊ ⚋ ⚌ ⚍ ⚎ ⚏
- U+269x ⚐ ⚑ ⚒ ⚓ ⚔ ⚕ ⚖ ⚗ ⚘ ⚙ ⚚ ⚛ ⚜ ⚝ ⚞ ⚟
- U+26Ax ⚠ ⚡ ⚢ ⚣ ⚤ ⚥ ⚦ ⚧ ⚨ ⚩ ⚪ ⚫ ⚬ ⚭ ⚮ ⚯
- U+26Bx ⚰ ⚱ ⚲ ⚳ ⚴ ⚵ ⚶ ⚷ ⚸ ⚹ ⚺ ⚻ ⚼ ⚽ ⚾ ⚿
- U+26Cx ⛀ ⛁ ⛂ ⛃ ⛄ ⛅ ⛆ ⛇ ⛈ ⛉ ⛊ ⛋ ⛌ ⛍ ⛎ ⛏
- U+26Dx ⛐ ⛑ ⛒ ⛓ ⛔ ⛕ ⛖ ⛗ ⛘ ⛙ ⛚ ⛛ ⛜ ⛝ ⛞ ⛟
- U+26Ex ⛠ ⛡ ⛢ ⛣ ⛤ ⛥ ⛦ ⛧ ⛨ ⛩ ⛪ ⛫ ⛬ ⛭ ⛮ ⛯
- U+26Fx ⛰ ⛱ ⛲ ⛳ ⛴ ⛵ ⛶ ⛷ ⛸ ⛹ ⛺ ⛻ ⛼ ⛽ ⛾ ⛿
- This is not a complete set of Emojis, as more Emoji characters will undoubtedly be released with time.
EditQuestions and Answers on Samsung S4 Emoji Keyboards
How can I receive Emojis from an iPhone on my Galaxy S4?
I am able to send Emojis but whenever I receive one, it just shows up as a black box with a question mark. I'd like to be able to see iPhone emoji on my Galaxy S4
Your native SMS application cannot recognize some of the Emoji characters. If you check this article, you'll find more information about viewing, sending, and receiving Emojis on your phone.
Using Handcent SMS application may be not very convenient if you would still be receiving notifications from your native SMS. You can disable these notifications from your native SMS by going to Home screen > Apps > Settings > More > Application Manager > All tab > Open Messaging > Uncheck the "Show notification" option on the Messaging App info. A comprehensive article on how to hide applications on your Galaxy S4.
See more questions like this: How can I get more symbols on my phone
WHICH IS THE BEST EMOJI APP FOR SAMSUNG?
I don't want an app just for messages I want one just for emojis
The best Emoji application for the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be the Emoji keyboard or the Emoji Plug in which can be downloaded from the application store or Google Playstore on your device for free.
See more questions like this: I cannot locate SMS app on my phone Samsung S4
Hi.how could I not be able to see emojis?
I'm not able to see emojis on my Galaxy s4..when my friend send them to me I see boxes..not only on messages, but on facebook, instagram.ect I only see boxes instead of emojis. would you be kind enough to help me?
Android devices do not have the emoji fonts built in. You'll need to ask your friend which app they are using to send the emoji's. If he has an android device as well, you will need to install the same messaging app, along with the emoji plugin in order to view them. If your friend is using an apple device, then you will need to root your phone and install the emoji fonts manually in order to see them.
See more questions like this: Not able to see iphone emojis on S4
Why does the EE defualt messaenger change all my SMS with Emoji's in to MMS?
If I send a message from default app with emojis in changes to MMS, which I get charged for. When it was Jelly bean could have more than one default message app. With KitKat have to set one and still with the default messenger add an emoji then changes to MMS. Use handcent app it doesn't why? How can I solve this?
It may be because the emoji app that you have has a lot of graphics and is not fully compatible with your device for SMS, that's why it's reading it as an MMS. This is most often the case for non-smartphones. Make sure that you download only the appropriate emoji apps so that you can avoid this kind of problems.
See more questions like this: Why doesn't the built in emoji show on my s4
How can I view emojis people with iPhone's send my Galaxy S5?
I have the app Go SMS Pro and I really like it but is there a decoder for iPhone emojis I receive?
No, the iPhone has these Emojis standard on the device while the Galaxy devices do not have the decoder or Emojis standard on the device. The S5 will only be able to decode Emojis that are on the application or keyboard that you are using but if the Emoji is not in the application then the device will not recognize the Emoji.
I use the Android Kit Kat keyboard which has alot of Emojis on it that the iPhone uses. This is the closest option that you can use in order to be able to decode all of the Emojis:
Here is the application you can download to your device:
The applications keyboard can run on all of your applications such as Go SMS, Handcent and also your standard messaging application
How do I get to the host of emoticons that are pre loaded on my new G4? Thanks got to them once no for the life of me I can't figure out how I did it lol?
How do I access the pre loaded emoticons on my new G4? I did use them one now for the life of me I can't find them again LOL Thanks
We've updated our guide with the steps on how to access the hidden iPhone style Emoji Keyboard for Android and Samsung phones. Thanks for using HOWikis!
See more questions like this: I just downloaded the Go SMS Emoji Plugin app on my S4, but I can't figure out where they are and how to use them
I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and I've tried everything to get emojis and when I finally get them and use it a white box appears. How do I get rid of that box and show the actual emoji?
Emoji help, Samsung Galaxy S4 phone
If you are trying to send/receive emoji's with your friend's android smartphones, make sure they also have the same emoji plugin/keyboard app that you're using. Due to android's lack of native emoji support, you and your friend's device will need to be on the same app in order to view each other's emojis.
See more questions like this: For the Samsung Galaxy S4 how do you make the smiley face that popped up in my keyboard (and then can expand to get various Emoji's) return in the standard message program
Emoji not working they are showing up as squares?
I've got the emoji keyboard and when I go on text message I click the smiley face I can see the emojis but when I click on them they are all squares
I know the problem that you are having with your S4 being that I currently own this device and have faced the problem that you are having with your Emojis showing up on your device. I can in fact tell you that not all of the emoji keyboards work effectively but I have downloaded a keyboard that works for messages and social networks.
The Emoji keyboard that I use is below:
The keyboard above works for sure as I have used this keyboard on my device for the last three months.
WHAT'S THE EASIEST WAY TO GET THE EMOJI KEYBOARD ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY S4?
WHAT'S THE EASIEST WAY TO GET THE EMOJI KEYBOARD ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY S4?
I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I currently am using the best Emoji keyboard that is in the app store for completely free. I will in fact be giving you information in regards to where you will be able to download the application to your device.
Here is the link that you can use in order to download the app to your device and set it as the keyboard on your S4 device.
Follow my steps below in order to be able to get the keyboard on your device:
Use the link above to be able to download the app to your device. The app is located in the application store so that you will be able to download the app to your device.
Set the keyboard by
-Go to settings
-Go to Language and input
-Tick on the Emoji Keyboard Kit Kat
-Tap on the option default keyboard
-Select the Emoji Keyboard Kit Kat
-Tap on ok/done
This will set your keyboard to all of the applications on your device that use keyboards as a way to input.
See more questions like this: How to get emojis on gs4 ldd d d d d
Did you know?
Did you know that Emoji is a Japanese term for ideograms used in Japanese electronic messages and webpages. This means that it is a pictograph, which literally means picture. If you hadn't noticed, most emoticons are based in Japanese culture, like a businessman bowing, meaning apologizing, and a ninja peeking and more.
Later, more icons were incorporated in unicode that allows them to be used elsewhere. Such phones, like Windows 7 and iPhone, allow them to access emoticons without having a Japanese operator. In April 2009, Emoji started to appear in email services like Gmail. Later, some SMS application for Android powered devices had plugins to support them. Apple Macintosh OS X, supports Emoji as of version 10.7, with Apple color typeface. About a decade ago, when IM applications started, many of us were excited to be using emoticons. Instead of typing what you want to express in a long sentence, you can convey your thoughts in one character, otherwise known as emoticons.
I want to have emojis on my phone without making it the default keyboard?
I like the good keyboard a lot and I don't want to change it...but I would still like to be able to use Emojis without making my SMS and MMS
On Android devices you can either download the keyboard application to display Emojis or the full messaging application. There is no way that you can keep your keyboard and also use Emojis on them at this time.
In order to be able to use Emojis you are going to either need to :
-Download the keyboard then make it your default keyboard for use
-Download a full messaging app that will allow you to keep your keyboard but lose your standard messaging application
App for downloading the messaging app being that you do not want to use the keyboard:
See more questions like this: I downloaded handset emoji plugin but where is it on my phone. NO icon or nothing
Why do the smileys my friends send come as regular text but mine convert to MMS?
I keep getting messages from my friends that have the cool little emojis on them. When I get them from my friends, they show up just as regular text messages. But if I try to send the same smiley it converts to a MMS message. Why?
This is because your device doesn't support them, or doesn't have them installed properly. Please visit our section on using iPhone style Emoji Keyboards in Samsung or Android.
Emoji's not on my texting keyboard?
Somehow emoji's magically appeared in my texting keyboard on my Galaxy 4 a couple of weeks ago but then disappeared a few days later but they are still on my "internet search" keyboard. Do you know how I get them back to my texting keyboard?
Have a look at the new section we put in for how to use the hidden Emoji Keyboard on your Samsung or Android phone. Thanks for using HOWikis!
Link and Sync Emoji Word application between FACEBOOK/GOOGLE/PLAYSTORE issue?
Played Emoji game first time via Facebook yesterday.. reached level 35 and Facebook app froze. Today I downloaded version to play on Galaxy 4S and I CANNOT get the two machines to Sync? Tried re-logging in and out of Facebook..Google Play.. PlayStore.. Hoping you can help or I will just play until I get my fill via my Facebook on my Laptop. Until then I won't even bother you about the keyboard
Sorry to hear about your game difficulties. Unfortunately, different versions of apps often do not sync, and the two apps you're playing are different. You should be able to sync from your Android game, now that you have it installed, but may not be able to get Facebook to work properly. This is an issue with Facebook, and not your device. Good luck with the new game download.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 115,220 times.