Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy Note II and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Traveller, Liezel and 6 others
We can do so much with our smartphones, but there’s no doubt that sometimes a bigger screen can be better. With Screen Mirroring, it’s possible to duplicate your Galaxy Note 2’s display on your television, offering an easy way to show off your photo albums and play videos on your TV. You can also wirelessly stream internet games, music, videos and movies, and hear it all on your TV sound system as well. It’s everything you love doing on your smartphone, but big enough to share with friends and family.
So, how do you do it? Well, if you have an HDTV or another device that accepts HDMI input, you can easily connect your Galaxy Note 2 by using a Samsung AllShare Wireless HDMI Display Adapter. It is also called the AllShare Wireless Hub/Dongle."
Note: Before purchasing the Allshare Cast device, consult your TV manual to find out if it is compatible with a wireless HDMI display adapter. It must say that it is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatible.
If your TV is DLNA compatible connect both it and your Galaxy Note 2 to the same wireless network. Next, go on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and open Settings > More Settings > Nearby Devices. Your TV model will pop up on the Note 2 display. With this capability, you will be able to play any music videos and movies that are stored on your Galaxy Note 2 onto your TV screen. You will also be able to display photos. Unfortunately, there are limitations to what you’ll be able to do. If you’re looking to mirror streaming media from the internet, you will need to purchase an AllShare Cast Hub to connect your devices with.
Here’s a quick guide to help you set up an AllShare Cast dongle and share media with your TV.
EditHow to mirror your Note 2’s screen with the AllShare Cast Dongle.
- 1On your Galaxy Note 2 home screen, tap "Settings".If you don’t see the Settings icon, tap the "Menu" button. It should bring up the “Settings” option.2From Settings, tap "More Settings".3Scroll through your Settings menu until you see “AllShare Cast.”4Next to the AllShare Cast is a status switch.Tap the switch to enable it.5After you have enabled the AllShare Cast on your device, it will automatically scan for DLNA devices that are connected to your network.If it did not detect any devices, double check if the TV is DLNA capable or if its connected to the same network.You can also power cycle the TV if the TV is DLNA certified and so on. Once the model of the device shows on screen, tap it to connect.6The display on the screen of your Galaxy Note 2 will immediately appear on your TV screen.7An icon of a TV should pop up on your Galaxy Note 2.8Press the “Gallery” TV icon.This will stream the photo selected to your TV screen.9
EditMirroring a Samsung android device to a Non-Samsung laptop
- 1Your computer must run on the Windows 8 operating system.Some reports suggest this works for Windows 7, but this is unconfirmed.2
- 1Download the Side Sync screen sharing application installer using your mobile phone.You can use this QR code to download it.2Next, download the corresponding app for your PC here3Be sure to install both applications before continuing.Once you’re ready to begin, launch the application on your phone.4Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.Before connecting the USB cord on your phone to your PC, make sure that USB debugging has been enabled on your phone. Although you can enable it after connecting the USB, it is best that it is enabled before you begin the next step.5Run the application on your PC.Download any updates if prompted and allow them to complete before proceeding.6After the update, your mobile’s screen should appear on the computer’s screen.You should be able to see any actions you carry out on your phone right on your PC, and vice versa. Samsung devices can also view the screen in landscape mode on the PC directly in the PC’s software. Other brands will require the user to physically tilt the screen onto its side to view the screen in landscape on the PC.
EditUsing third party equipment to mirror phone screen to a larger display
Another way to mirror your phone screen is by using third party equipment. A well know device that can work to mirror your Samsung device (Limited models) is a PTV3000 made by NETGEAR. This is commonly used for family viewing at home and even office presentations.
There are some other products that can be used for you to mirror your phone or tablet screen but still depends to the supported devices and any other requirements that they have for you to use.
EditTips and Warnings
- After your AllShare Cast Wireless dongle is plugged into an outlet, press and hold its reset button for several seconds so that it will connect to your Galaxy Note 2.
- Be sure that you have a clear space around the AllShare Wi-Fi antenna while Screen Mirroring.
- • If there are other Wi-Fi networks within range while Screen Mirroring, the connection quality may be affected.
EditQuestions and Answers
Is AllShare Screening Mirroring compatible with Samsung TV?
Yes, but not all Samsung TVs support AllShare framework such as the Galaxy Nexus. Also, the Samsung UN46C8000XC is not Wi-Fi compatible, so you will need to buy a Samsung WIFI dongle to get it to work. Screen Share or AllShare framework is a feature that has been added, in which you can mirror a screen of one device to the screen of another. If you really want to use the AllShare framework, you will need a Samsung TV that was released in 2013 or later, because this feature is currently only available or supported on the latest Samsung Smart TV. Remember that most Media Share features, like video stream, work properly on many Samsung TVs, which only support AllShare.
How to connect wirelessly from note 2 to samsung tv?
Hi, I would like to connect my samsung note 2 to my samsung tv. But I'm unable to do it
It will depend what you want to do in terms of connecting your device to your tv. Google Chromecast will allow you to stream things off of your device to your TV wirelessly.
You can also try connecting your Samsung Note 2 to your Samsung TV using a direct WiFi connection in both of your devices.
You can also use this application to connect your Note to your TV: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.smartview.tz
Or watch this video for more details:
Depending on the type of Samsung TV you are using, there are a couple of other ways that you can connect your device to the TV. A common way to connect your device to the TV is by using a console, such as a PS3 or XBOX 360, to stream media.
See more questions like this: Connecting my samsung note 2 to TV
Since the update to my note 2 my mirroring is not working?
I had to update my note 2 to newest android software and now my mirroring is not working.
My S4 is having the same problem. When I brought it to customer service’s attention, they notified me that the bugs were in the process of being fixed.
You will need to reconnect both devices (TV and phone) so that they can sync with each other again. Since you updated your phone, there is a possibility that the changes have reset themselves to default.
Do the following to reconnect them:
- Go to settings
- Tap more settings
- Look for Allshare cast
- Tap the switch next to it
- Your phone will look for compatible devices
- You will now see your phone`s screen on your TV
See more questions like this: Can i mirror my computer with my note II
How to mirror my note 2 screen to my LCD tv?
Could you please explain How to mirror my note 2 screen to my LCD tv
In order to help you to perform this action, you will need to provide information about the TV that you are using, for there are a number of ways to perform this action but it is different in regards to the TV that you are using. Chromecast will work well for this process, as well as well as using your gaming console to project processes from your device to your TV.
For full mirroring of your galaxy note 2 to your LCD TV, you would need a USB mhl to hdmi adapter for your phone. Your LCD TV will also need to have an available hdmi port. You can find the mhl adapter at various online retailers, and you can check one out here:
You can watch a demonstration here:
See more questions like this: Connecting Note 2 to HDMI screen
Do you need internet to use allshare dongle?
No, you don`t an internet connection to use Allshare dongle. You just need to connect the AllShare dongle to a power outlet using the supplied travel charger and to your TV using an HDMI cable, then set your TV source to HDMI.
On your phone, go to your home screen, then touch the menu button, select Settings > AllShare Cast and then select the dongle on the list. That`s it. Your device screen will now be shared on your TV.
My note 2 doesn't mirror the screen to my Samsung TV. When i do scan it doesn't show the TV. I have Samsung smart TV es9000 series 75 in h?
My note 2 doesn't mirror the screen to my Samsung TV. When I do scan, it doesn't show the TV. I have Samsung smart TV es9000 series 75 in h
On your Samsung TV, go into the options and can turn on the discover mode so that it can connect with your device. Without the device being available to pick up signals, it will not connect to your device.
How can I get my phone or laptop screen to mirror on my TV?
On my TV, I have allshare not screen mirroring and I can't find any instructions on how to connect my Note 2 to my Samsung smart TV. I understand how I can see my videos, photos, and music, however I want to share a website from my phone or laptop or whatever I may have on my other devices and share it on my TV. Help please
The simplest way to view content from your laptop on your TV is to just connect your laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable. Audio and video will play on the TV – no streaming required.
See more questions like this: How can i use screening mirroring at my pc
Screen mirror problem with samsung note 2 with android 4.3 using Smart Multimedia dock?
Upon updating the phone to 4.3 on my samsung note 2, i'm facing problem to mirror my screen using samsung smart multimedia dock (with HDMI & 3 USB ports) while using with Sony HDTV. I have even installed the Patch, but issue still remains.
I have an HD TV how to enable dlna in the tv?
Did you know that all DLNA certified products have this feature available already? Meaning that the DLNA ie enabled already, so you do not need to do any configuration aside from having them on the same network to meet with each other.
It is important that all of your devices are DLNA certified to share and view contents from one device or the other.
Here are the steps on how you can connect a Sharp TV to the local network:
1. Turn your TV on, and then press the Menu button on the remote. 2. On the menu screen, navigate to the Setup on the top right screen. From the submenu, select "Picture Settings" – it looks like a spanner symbol – and select "Network settings," then press OK. 3. On the next screen, another menu will appear. Select "Connection Type" and select either wired or wireless, then confirm it. Once you have confirmed it, your TV will now be connected to the local network and be ready to go.
The steps may be different from the television that you owned. However, most operate on the same principle. If you are not sure if the television you have is a DLNA certified, you can go to this link: http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search to check if your device is capable of sharing content. You can also check the TV product information or the packaging box for a DLNA logo.
How do I use Note3 screen mirroring on HDTV monitor?
Trying to mirror note3 to Insignia 720p HDTV (a few years old?) want to operate it similar remote computer if that makes sense?
The TV that you are using does not allow you to connect your device to it. You will need to use a console or other HDMI streaming solution to view content on the TV.
How to enable DLNA on your TV?
Enabling DLNA on a television depends on the brand that you own, although the settings can usually be found in the settings menu and some even have it enable by default. Also, not all models are supported by DLNA, so you should double check to see if it’s supported. In order for you to check if the product is being supported by DLNA, you can go to this web site http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search and check if the model is currently supported.
If I am going to use a screen mirroring, what will happen to the other person that is trying to receive the movie? What will he or she needs to do?
Remember that there are only two devices will be in use for the screen mirroring. One is your Android device, and the other your compatible Samsung LED or Samsung Smart TV. If you are going to use screen mirroring from your Android device to your big TV screen, then the person who is using that TV will lose access to it. Whenever you are going to use Samsung Screen mirroring, what you need to do is to have both devices connected to the same local network and synced using your Allshare Cast. If you are not referring to a big TV screen and wants to know what will the other person do. Where he is using a laptop, the suggestion above can be applied as well, but with some exceptions. Let’s say that you have connected an extended screen to your non-Samsung computer or laptop. By phone sharing on your computer, you can simply drag the phone’s screen to the second display and then maximize it to watch movies or pictures. That setup could allow the other person to continue doing what they are doing while your phone is on the other screen.
I cannot find "More Settings" from the given steps, where can I find this?
This Setting is found in “Settings” (it may sound funny, but it’s true). If you have your phone in your hand, simply go to the main screen or Home screen and then tap the Soft Menu Key on your phone. It will light up when you tap it, and it looks like a square with three lines in it. Once you tap it, you will see a pop-up menu on your screen and the bottom part will say "Settings". Tap that option and you will see four tabs on your phone screen: Connections, My Device, Accounts and More. The “More” is what you’re looking for, so tap that option and continue on to the next steps for doing an AllShare Cast mirroring.
¿como usar el screen mirroring?
Quiero ver en mi pc lo que veo en mi cel
Howikis QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 43,348 times.