How to Recover Android Device in case of Forgot password/pattern unlock an Android device
Edited by Traveller, Joely, Howik Admin, Maria and 15 others
'What do you do if you have forgotten your unlock pattern or password on your Android device? Maybe you woke up one morning and forgot it or a child somehow got your device and entered numbers until it locked. Whatever the reason, in this wiki we will cover what to do to unlock your Device.
There are several ways to get back into your device without resetting it and losing all your data. This wiki will start with the easiest solutions that do not lose any data and progress with more complicated solutions.
The following unlocking solutions will be discussed:
- Unlock your device if you have forgotten the unlock password or unlock pattern.
- Unlock your device if you don’t remember your Google password recovery account credentials.
- Unlock your device if it does not accept the correct Google ID and password.
- Resetting Android device and also to unlock data or tablet using PC via ADB (android debug bridge
- Unlock Android device without a registered Gmail or email account
EditUnlock your Android Device in case of a forgotten password or unlock pattern
Clicking on ‘forgot password?’ will take you to a screen where you will be required to enter your Google account user name and password. This is the same registered user name and password you use at the Google Play store.
EditHow to unlock your device if you don’t remember your Google password recovery account credentials.
If you no longer have your Google account credentials, you can follow these steps to reset your Google account password, and then use the new password to gain access to your device.
- 1Go to Google recovery.2Select any one option.If you choose 'I don't know my password', Google will require your Google email address. Enter the same address you used when you registered your phone.3You can reset your password from a device you signed in with recently, even if it is not the device that is locked.In fact, Google recommends this. Even if you are resetting from another or unknown device, click 'Yes continue.'4If you can remember any recent password you can enter it?If not, click 'I don't remember.'5You will then be asked to enter your mobile number.Google will then send a verification code to your number.6Enter that verification code in the field and click 'continue.'7Now enter a new password and click 'Reset password' and use the new one on your device.8If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Verifying your identity if you don't remember the mobile number
- 1If you do not remember the mobile number you entered into the Google account for security purposes, click 'verify your identity.2Google will then ask you several questions related to past passwords, contacts, recent emails, or other information.Keep answering the questions with as much information as you remember until you recover your Google ID.3
Edit What to do if too many pattern attempts at login
If you keep entering the wrong of lock codes for multiple times, your Android phone will prompt a message saying there were too many attempts at login and you will not be allowed to enter your lock code. When you experience this message, do these:
- 1Enter the Google account and password associated with your phone.2Once you enter the correct account details, your lock code will reset and you will be able to enter your phone.3If you cannot reset your lock code using your Google account, but remembers the code, just wait for a few minutes and try again as the message, "too many attempts at login" is only temporary.Enter your lock code again, this time making sure that you entered the correct code or pattern.4
EditHow to unlock your device if it does not accept the correct Google ID and password.
- 1Go to AuthSubTokens and enter login details to see if your Android device is listed there.It will be shown as an “Android Phone”.2Revoke access for the device.3Generate a new password.At the bottom of the page, you will see an option Generate new application-specific password. Enter any name and click on “generate password.” A sixteen digit password will be generated.4Enter that password in the device along with the correct Google ID.5If the “Generate password” option is disabled, follow this link 2 Step verification to learn how to enable the generate password option using the 2-step verification process.6
Edit Too many patten attempts -- I can't sign in because it says my password is wrong. Whats next now?
Ok so you are stuck because you have tried to login too many times and it says "too many pattern attempts" and you can't gain access to your google account as well. Of course you can do a factory reset but then you lose all your data. If you happen to have turned on USB debug mode at some point there is a procedure documented further down in this wiki to reset your unlock pattern code manually via ADB. If not the only solution that won't cause you to lose your data at this point is a software called Screen Lock Bypass Pro which costs $4.14 at the time of this writing. According to the author it doesn't always work so you might waste your $4 however the app does have a 4 star rating by 171 users. Here are the author's instruction on how to use the software:
- 1Unplug the charger from your device.2Login to the Web based Android Market using your PC.3Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device.4Once installed, plug your charger into the device to activate the bypass.5Once bypassed you will see an "Activate" button.Click it, and your screen lock will be reset.6Some newer devices will not detect the charger being plugged in, so I have included a second option, turning the device off (or pulling out the battery) and back on again will cause it to activate the bypass.7
EditResetting your pattern and to unlock data on your Android device by simply using debugging
This method will only work if and only if you have previously enabled "USB debug mode" in your device, prior to an actual lock out due to forgotten password or screen pattern.
- 1Install Android SDK.Download android SDK from www.developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.2Extract.After downloading the file, do not open it, but instead extract the content to a folder in the root of your drive C. Rename the folder to android-sdk.3USB Driver.Download the necessary USB driver for your tablet. If you have difficulty in obtaining the right USB driver for your device, you could use an Android management tool like "Moborabo." This application was originally intended for smartphones, but will also work for Android tablets.4Connect your tablet.Now, get the USB cord and connect the first end to your Android device then to your computer then wait till it will be detected. If not, try another USB port.5Open command prompt.Type "Win+R." This will open the run command window on your desktop. Type "cmd" on the space provided.6Go to the adb directory by typing the following commands on the command prompt window:
7To counter check, simply type the adb command to know if it's been detected by the PC or laptop where you plug your Android device..This should display the serial number of the device(s).
- cd android-sdk\platform-tools\
8Type the adb command to wipe the user data on your android device:
- adb devices
9Close the command prompt window.10You can now remove your Android tablet from the computer and restart the device.11If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
- adb shell
- rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Restart your device
- Start the adb shell again
- cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
- sqlite3 settings.db
- update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
- update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’;
- Restart -- Your phone should now allow you to enter a new pattern unlock. If not continue on to the next step.
- If you are not seeing the option/s, you can go back to the adb shell again then simply type the wipe data. WARNING: ALL DATA ON YOUR PHONE WILL BE LOST. Since this method will Since you are resetting the device, this will delete each files or data. You may do a full factory reset instead. However for completeness this solution documented here.
- Depending on the amount of data on your Android tablet, You may exert a little effort and patience. Once you see the message of "Done deleting or Wiping data" Your Android device will now be reverted to factory settings condition after the process.
The Last resort
- If your Android Device is unable to connect to the Internet while locked, then unfortunately you have lost access to your device. You will need to perform a full factory reset of the device.
- To perform a full factory reset on an Android device, follow the instructions found here: How to perform a full factory reset on an Android device.
EditHow to unlock Android device without a registered Gmail or email account
You may have acquired an Android device that was previously owned, and not have a registered Gmail account, or email account for the device. For whatever reason, it is frustrating to have such a useful, fun, and expensive item that cannot be used presently. Follow the tutorial below to unlock your powerful and versatile Android device once again.
- 1First, turn off your Android device2Press and hold the “power”, “volume down”, and “camera” buttons simultaneously.If your mobile device does not have a camera function, just press and hold the “power” and “volume down” buttons.3Release the buttons once your Android device is powered on.4Scroll using your “Volume up and down” button until you find the “Factory data reset”, and then tap it.5Tap “Reset phone”6This will clear out all of your data, but it will allow you to unlock your Android mobile device.7A confirmation message to clear data will appear.Select “Erase everything”, which will permanently delete all of the data.8You should now be able to use your Android device when you had no Google account or email address registered.9
EditQuestions and Answers
The system cannot find the path specified on cd android-sdk\platform-tools\?
You should not follow the the same command. You need to enter the command based on where did you save the Android SDK folder, platform-tools specifically. Take the screenshot below as an example:
- You will notice that the platform-tools folder is located at: E:\New folder\Advanced Android\sdk\platform-tools
- So in command prompt, you will type these commands:
- Type in to change to the directory where the target folder is.
- Type on .
- This is only a guide. Modify the commands based on your folder's exact address. You will then see that there is not an error message on the CDM prompt.
That path will vary depending on where Android SDK is installed on your computer. Please go to your system drive, then open "Program Files" folder and then try to look for an "Android" folder because by default Android SDK is installed there. If you have successfully located Android folder, open it and then open sdk > platform-tools. Now that you are in the platform-tools folder, copy the address on the address bar, then you can now open CMD and then type-in "cd paste the address you have copied here", without the quotes, then hit enter.
See more questions like this: Resetting Andriod without the original credentials
In the Google Account Recovery page, I forgot the cellphone number that I used during registration. I cannot remember it no matter how hard I try, what will I do?
You still have two more options to get to your account back. You can use the email address that you used as the recovery mail. Put a tick mark on it and Click on Continue. Google will send you a verification code through that recovery mail. If you also cannot access the recovery email, the last option you will have is to verify your identity by answering some questions about your Google account. Click on it to start verifying your account.
See more questions like this: It asked sign in your google account
Pressing and holding the Power, volume down and camera buttons simultaneously does not work for me, what are the other key combinations?
You should note that pressing the Power+Volume+Camera buttons is only a generic instruction. Different Android phones have different ways of performing a hard reset on them. You need to try which one works for you. One thing in common with most phones is that the Power button is part of the buttons to be pressed and mostly, it is a combination of three keys. You may try any of the usual combinations below, if none worked, leave us a message at the comment section. You can also click on the "No" button on the "Was this helpful option?" and enter the device that you are using.
- Press and hold Power button + Home button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Home button + Volume Up button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up button
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Down button
- Press and hold Power button + Home button
Sometimes the phone key combinations might actually vary depending on the type and kind of a phone. However you can try using the home button instead of camera button. Now, also make sure that the phone is turned off before doing the key combinations.
The camera button is not a button that you will need to press in order for you to reset your device, you will need to press and hold the power button plus the volume key in order to get to the menu. Also you will need to perform this process with the device powered down in order to do it correctly.
How to get the pattern lock back on phone?
The procedure on how to restore the "Pattern Lock" back differs from phone to another, and from Android version to another. To get a more in depth look on how to restore it, please refer to our Howikis Get the Pattern Lock Back on the Mobile.
If you have removed your pattern lock and will like to apply it back to your device then you can follow the steps below:
1. Go to settings
2. Select Screen lock from the menu
3. Select which type of password you will like to place on your device which will be "pattern"
4. From here create the pattern on the screen for your device
See more questions like this: Chinese android phone forget the pattern
I have downloaded the McAfee software in my mobile and then i opened the lock of that software but my mobile has been locked and I do not know about pin, help?
This is an issue with the McAfee Android software on your phone. These are what you can do:
- If you do not have a "You used the wrong PIN too many times and your account is locked. " message, then do these:
- Go to the mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click on the "Forgot your PIN" button.
- Instructions will be shown on how to get your PIN back, follow them to successfully get back your PIN.
- Enter the PIN to your phone to unlock your device.
- If you do not have a "You used the wrong PIN too many times and your account is locked. " message, then do these:
- Go to the mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click on the "Forgot your PIN" button.
- Instructions will be shown on how to get your PIN back, follow them to successfully get back your PIN.
- Log in to mobile site of McAfee Mobile Security's site using the PIN that you have just recovered.
- Click on "Lock" tab. Once loaded, click on "Unlock" and a command will be sent through your phone to unlock it.
- Note: It may take longer if you do not have an internet connection in your device as additional system process is needed if unlocking is done through SMS.
See more questions like this: I lost my mobile but dont know google Password & i dont have the same mobile number for resetting new password
I entered password in security but password says does not match?
Android zeepad 7. cant get in at all
You entered the wrong password a one too many times. You need to click on the "forgot password" link and enter your Gmail ID and Password and set a new password. Sometimes, you can wait for a while and re-enter the password and security.
If it says, that the passwords that you have entered does not match at all, so the password you have actually entered is wrong. Now, think of your password and try it all over again. But if you can`t recover it, then you would have to recover your password by simply tapping the forgotten password and go to Google recovery.
You will need to provide your email address (gmail) and its password but you will need to be connected to the internet via WiFi or data connection. If you can`t, you will need to do a factory reset. This will delete all apps and data. Do the following to perform a reset:
- turn off tablet
- press volume up and power button at the same time
- release buttons when android device flashes
See more questions like this: I forget my pattern password of my tablet
This is my brother's phone. When he created password, he did not enter any email account his phone. Unfortunately, his phone was wet by water and screen did not work. Today, I tried to repair it and the screen work a little bit better. So i tried to enter password he told. But no passwords are correct. Now phone is asking me to sing in gmail account.
The only way that you can get back to your phone is by doing a hard reset on it. You should know that performing a hard reset on your device will delete all of its content. You can press and hold the Power button and other buttons depending on your phone. You can follow the instructions on Question#3 for possible combinations and other details.
Too many pattern attempts! good day sir! i have a problem with my SKK mobile android phoenix tab 2 . i can't sign in to my google account because i don't have wifi or data connection and mu usb debug is off. how can i unlock my tablet? please help me. thanks a lot
Good day sir! i have a problem with my SKK mobile android phoenix tab 2 . i can't sign in to my google account because i don't have wifi or data connection and mu usb debug is off. how can i unlock my tablet? please help me. thanks a lot
A hard reset will be the only way to gain access to your device but understand that you will lose all of your data on your device that was stored. Based on your model you can perform the following steps in order to reset your device:
Power off your device fully press and hold the power button as well as the volume up key on this screen use the volume keys to highlight the factory data reset option press the power button in order to make the selection
See more questions like this: Too many pattern attempts problem in inco mirror mobile
Good morning sir i have the problem with too many pattern attempts on my phone and it asks the email and password but actually i do not know that one so please help me to solve this problem
You can perform a hard reset on your Android phone by follow these:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button + Volume Up and wait for your device to turn on. Once it turns on, release the buttons.
- You will be taken to the recovery mode. Highlight "Wipe/Factory data reset" using the Volume button. Confirm action be pressing on the Power button.
- Wait for the device to reset. Once done, highlight "Reboot" using the volume keys and confirm the action by pressing on the Power button.
- Your phone will restart and has been restored to factory settings. All locks that were set to it have been reset too.
I have a android phone and I forgot my pin number and i had the option to don't display forgotten password icon after too many attempt is enter. How can i reset my phone without taking it to the store? i have to take it to the show i will
How to reset my android phone? forgot pin numbers
Perform the following steps on your device so that you can gain access successfully to your device through a hard reset:
1. Turn device off 2. Press and hold the volume up button 3. Press and hold the power button 4. Use the volume button to select the factory reset button 5. Press the power button in order to select the option
How to unlock android tablet after too many pattern attempts without gmail?
Different procedures of unlocking your Android tablet is discussed in this article. Read through them again and see what applies best to your tablet. If none of the procedures work, then perform a hard reset on your iRola tablet. A hard reset will restore your tablet to its factory settings and deletes all data on your phone. You can do a hard reset by pressing and holding button combinations. Check on Question#3 for possible key combinations.
See more questions like this: How to recover android pattern unlock
The tab which I'm having is of mapmyindia and it has android 2.1 so can you please tell how to unlock it.
There is no documented hard reset procedures for your phone yet so you may try to perform a hard reset using the Power button and other buttons combination. Question#3 has the possible list of combinations, you may check on it.
See more questions like this: I forgot my samsung tab 2 unlock pattern and my first gmail id and password.how could i unlock it
I can't open the phone which is blocked and it is a China set? How to open it without net it is to tough can you please help me?
I forgot my password pattern.and then I would open it via recovery, but I broke up volume key .. can you help me with the other step ..
If you have forgotten your pattern lock and your WiFi/3g data connection is turned off, you won`t be able to use the "Forgot Password" option. You also wont be able to open Android system recovery if you have damaged volume keys because almost all of the key combinations to access Android system recovery use Volume key. So, with the current situation, I`m sorry to say that your phone might require service. The best thing you could do for now is to contact your phone dealer.
I see that you have stated that you broke the volume key but not sure if you broke the volume up key/down key or both keys. If you have broken these keys then there will be no way for you to hard reset the device unless you find a way to use a household item to reach underneath the keys for use.
See more questions like this: My phone is completely block and i will love to open it
How to open it without net it is to tough can you please help me
The problem with China phones is that, mostly, they do not have documented processes. You can try performing a hard reset on your device to get back to it. This process will delete all the data on your phone and will restore it to factory settings. Question#3 shows possible reset combinations and other important detail, go over it.
See more questions like this: Hi,,,dont open my tab plese give me help
My tablet pc is locked due to wrong attempts of patterns?
Now tell me full detail, how to unlock this..?
If you cannot create a new password via Gmail, you will have to reset your tablet. After 5 wrong attempts, you will see a "forgot password" link. Click on it, enter your Gmail Id and Password and create a new password. If this doesn't work, reset your phone by pressing the power and volume up button together for a while. On doing this, all data from your tablet will be wiped off but you will be able to access your tablet and make a new password.
See more questions like this: My daughter locked my android tablet with a pattern lock. Now for unlocking, I'm getting regular alpha-numeric keypad
How can unlock my screen. if u have any other answer then tell me?
After 30 times its lock and i don't remember my security password and my internet is off so how can i unlock it
The only way that you can use the internet in order to enter your Gmail id and information is if you had previously signed into a Wi-Fi point because by you going back to the location you will connect back to the Wi-Fi instantly without having to log in. If you do not have a location like that then you will need to perform a hard reset so that you can gain access to your device once again in the future.
Without having access to the internet in order for you to enter your gmail information you will need to perform the hard reset option in order to get into your device.
1. Turn device off
2. Press and hold the volume up button/power button
3. Release these buttons
4. From here press the volume buttons in order to highlight the factory reset option
5. Press the power button in order select the option
See more questions like this: I cannot unlock my Android device
I cannot unlock my android device after some children try to open this device, and I can't login using Google account, I can open my Google account in PC.
We have different ways of unlocking in this article. Go over each and check what works with you. If none of the methods work with you, check on Question#3 as a hard reset is the only option left. Take note that performing the procedure will also delete all the data on your Android device.
See more questions like this: I cant open my pc tablet because i forgot my email and password in google account
How to reset my vigo tablet? please help?
I entered my Google username and password to log in but i can not cause there is no internet connection in the vigo tablet.
A: In order for you to be able to get into your tablet by using the Gmail account that you had set up you will need to have internet connection. The tablet will need internet connection in order to access this option so understand that without internet connection you will not be able to perform this option.
See more questions like this: Ya I'm trying to help a friend to unlock his tablet but everything i tried hasnt worked
HOW TO RECOVER MY TAB AS IT IS LOCKED WIFI AND USB DEBUG IS OFF?
I FORGOT MY PATTERN LOCK BEFORE LOCKING THIS DEVICE WIFI ,ETHERNET AND USB DEBUG IS NOT ENABLE SO HOW TO RECOVER THIS TABLET
The simplest way that you can recover your tablet is to gain internet access or Wi-Fi internet access. Having internet access on your tablet is vital for recovery just in case that you for got the pattern or the password lock that you set before.
Connecting your tablet to the computer via USB will not be of help at all. Connecting the tablet via USB will not let your device gain internet access. Unfortunately to this kind of situation, your option is to reset the device back to it's factory settings.
Again, without internet access nor USB debugging enabled will not be of help for you to recover the pattern and password that you forgot. However, reset to factory will be your option ONLY at this point to this kind of situation
Before you will reset the tablet back to factory settings. Please bare in mind that all of your data will be deleted and cannot be recovered, except that you have made a back up to a computer or by simply downloading them back and start from scratch.
Here is how you reset an Android device:
1. Turn the device off completely
2. Press and hold the Volume up button first or the + sign.
3. While holding the Volume up. Press and hold power and wait till you see an Android logo on screen that will appear or at least 30 seconds then let go of those buttons.
4. Use the volume buttons to navigate and look for reset to factory or wipe, use power to select. At some cases, to navigate is by using volume down and volume up to select.
5. Once you are done resetting the device. Select previous option or menu and select reboot or restart device to reboot.
Once it has been rebooted, data will be wiped out and start downloading your apps or recover them if you have it backed up.
See more questions like this: I forgot my pattern in my tab. how can i recover it
How to unlock your tablet if u know your Gmail id but there is no internet access?
I have wrote many times the correct Gmail id and passwords but due to the internet problem i was unable to unlock
Without having Internet connection it will be very difficult for you to gain access back to your device by using the Gmail option. One way will be for you to go to an already linked Wi-Fi location so that the device will automatically connect so that you can use the Gmail option. Another way will be for you to do a factory reset so that you can regain access but you will lose all of your data on your device.
If you`re only problem is the internet connection you have a two choices. Those are you can try to look for some places that allows you to freely connect to their wireless network or purchase a credit from your network provider and enable Data Network to be able to have an internet connection and unlock your phone.
Without having the internet in order to unlock through your Gmail account information you are going to need to perform a factory reset to your device. You can follow the button combination in this article in order to help for your device to fully hard reset itself.
After restore factory settings to my tablet android it says cant open to camera what should i do?
After restore factory settings to my tablet android it says cant open to camera what should i do?
This error has occurred due to the restoring process on your computer, ensure that you are completely wiping out all the data on the device rather than certain soft wares. Factory reset your device once more but this time ensure that your battery is fully charged and that you select the option to erase all data, also take out your sd card from the device while performing the reset.
Here is the step by step for installing SDK on the Android - 1. Firstly, you need to have a higher version of all operating systems such as Windows XP or higher versions, Mac OS x86 etc. 2. The next thing that you need to do is to install an environment. In order to download and install SDK on your PC, it is necessary for you to have an environment. You can load the environment from one of the following links -http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#ExistingIDE It is ideal to download the ADT bundle for Windows. 3. After that you need to download the SDK zip archive which you can download from here - http://developer.android.com/sdk/download.html?v=archives/android-sdk-windows-1.6_r1.zip Click on "I Agree" and then click on "Download" 4. After that is done, go to "My Computer", Right click on the icon and select "Properties". After that, click "Advanced". Choose "Environment Variables" in there. 5. A new box will appear. Write in the path address over here for installation. The address will be something like my computers/folder name/sub folder name. 6. Now, click on the environment that you initially downloaded, click on "install" and upon completion click "finish".
For more details, check this video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIL1UouA4dE
Please do the following to fix this problem on your camera.
- Open your Apps list.
- Locate and open Settings.
- Tap on Application, then Manage application.
- Tap on All tab to see the list of all your applications.
- Tap on Camera.
- Tap on Force stop.
- Tap on Wipe cache.
- Tap on Wipe data.
- Then press home button to go back to your home screen, then open your apps drawer, then open your camera.
- If the problem on your camera still persist, you may have to flash your stock ROM into your phone. Please use howikis search button and search for the keyword ""Type-in your tablet`s brand and model here" flashing".
- If all else fails, your phone might require service.
See more questions like this: The tablet will come on and stay on with androw contuion running
What to do when I've deactivated my email account and can't restore it to sign in in my device?
My email was deactivated now I can't log in to my google account for my android system
Visit www.gmail.com so that you can gain access back to your Gmail account by using your personal information so that you can regain access back to your device without having to reset all of your information.
Simply re visit the email website and log in with the information you used previously to be given the opportunity to re activate your account. Along in this process you can also contact the customer service department of the mailing account so that you can get help in restoring your account if you have forgotten your information.
I cannot use virtual router in my laptop?
When i set up virtual router it shows it cant create a network
You will need to do the following to use Virtual router:
- download a copy of virtual router
- usually it will be in a zip file
- unzip the file and run the program
- at times, the computer will block the program, click more info
- choose run away
- enter the SSID you desire,password and shared connection
- click `start virtual router plus`
See more questions like this: I can,t use my message application
Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device. Its telling me the device is not compatible?
In the step: "Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device." its telling me the device is not compatible
The Web market actually detects your device while you are connecting to their server using your device, thus they are also checking the compatibility issues so that to prevent further complains from users. If the application says that it is not compatible in your device then you can`t install it in your device. Even though sometimes you could actually install it, there will be some errors like application error or any related to application error might come up when you are trying to run the application.
Is there an easy way to get back to the page where the apps were originally?
I have reset my android RCA tablet and now I can't get past the wifi authentication page, it just keeps telling me its authenticating,please help
You must first configure your device WiFi settings. Then forget that WiFi connection, and do a reboot with your device. After opening again, try your device to connect to other available WiFi connections and if it can connect. If you own the router then if it has still problems connecting to your router then you can assume doing some test if the problems is the router itself, simply reset the router and re-configure the settings and connect it again.
See more questions like this: Is there an easy step to getting my RCA tabet back to the original page where the apps where
It doesn't come up with a forgot password screen or button.
In the step: "Clicking on â€کforgot password?â€™ will take you to a screen where you will be required to enter your Google account user name and password. This is the same registered user name and password you use at the Google Play store." It doesn't come up with a forgot password screen or button.
Howikis QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
See more questions like this: Forgotten password for gmail a
Wifi internet and USB Debugging are not enable. So how can I regain internet access or connect the tab to the PC?
The easiest way to regain internet access on your device is to think of the most recent place that you went in to have internet access. Try to recall when and where did you went for the last couple of days along with your device? Try to recall if you went in to a Mall with free internet or to a restaurant or to any establishment that provides free Wi-Fi internet.
Make sure that the Wi-Fi is still enabled on your tablet's settings. If you are not sure that the Wi-Fi connection is still enabled to your device then it can or can be applied for you to regain internet access to your tablet.
Even though that the USB debugging is enabled on your phone, it will not be off help as it tablet or any Android devices cannot gain internet access by using USB cord. However, there is a catch there. To have internet access on your device, you can purchase a USB to Ethernet but it may not be compatible with your device and purchase the right product for your device as Android devices have different ports.
This add on hardware is to let your device to have internet access even if you do not have Wi-Fi internet access at home but rather have wired connection. Simply connect it to your tablet and use an Ethernet cord to connect the add on hardware and the other end of the cable to your wired or wireless router.
See more questions like this: Unable to gain superuser by your process
My Playstore account is lost, what can I do
Your Playstore login is just your gmail account that you used to register on your phone when you first got and try to recall the gmail account you used for your purchase in the Playstore. Here are the things to what you need to do instead. 1. Go to a computer and access play.google.com and use your login email and see if you can login that way using the email address that you recall as your user login for Playstore. 2. If you cannot recall what was the user login you have and if ever the email address. You can go to forgot password or login from this link: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?ard=AHwGkRmVr8yqV9M0Diitf9JvfcHkZjiBdtfkw2I5JQ1fJs784nApWj2O4b8zXtzxDMZm4HXGdm_z7wbvAm523ErBw6ZgZ5dLT-8s7469vLRbZDAWNq0q_zBU-j01yPpXJMJZybh8RktVnvAgl-2ly8h8TjEDl8coYw If in case that this will not be of help especially if you really cannot recall the email address you used to use for Playstore. Unfortunate, create a new gmail account for your purchases and downloads.
See more questions like this: How can i break my tab google account
It does not accept my email address when I click forgot password
There are two reasons why it was not being accepted when you select on forgot password or pattern. Double check if you enter the correct email address nor being misspelled or not. Try to go to your computer and access the url of play.google.com then try to login the email address on top of your head and see if you can login.
You can also try to change the password of your email then try it back on your device and see if it will go through. In case it will be rejected still, you need to reset the unit back to factory settings and will result to deletion of data if the suggestion did not go through.
My Android device does not have forgot pattern or password
Not all Android device has the same options as the other. Features of an Android device depend from the manufacturer and some features may not be present. Such as forgot pattern nor password and any other features.
One possible cause as well is that you do not have the forgot password or pattern is that your device is not connected to the internet which the Operating system would not show this option if it detects that your Android unit has no internet. If the Android device you owned does not have this feature, that means that your only option is to use USB debugging if it’s being enable or factory reset the phone.
See more questions like this: Forgot email associated wi ith my android tablet and its pattern
My Android device does not have volume buttons. How can I reset the device? I have a Digital Tablet or D2
Not all Android devices has the same procedure on how you can reset the device back to factory settings. Some Android as well has no Volume button which you cannot perform the reset.
Resetting the tablet on these types of Android device uses a PC Suite or the LiveSuit which you have installed it on PC the one that came in the package.
Here are the step by step instructions on how you can reset a Digital 2 tablet:
1. Install the PC LiveSuit pack on your computer first 2. After the installation, simply locate the LiveSuit folder and open it. 3. Locate the LiveSuit.exe file and run it to install the Manager or it's Utility 4. Once you run the installation, on the pop up window, click on Yes then Mandatory after and hit on Next after. 5. Click on finish after the installation then look for the Firmware in the same folder where you ran the .exe file. It should be named as D2-1105_GMS.img just double check if the file is there 6. Once done, go get your USB cable then connect it to your PC or laptop computer where you install the LiveSuit 7. On your tablet, look for the very small button near the micro USB port. You need to press and hold it. 8. While you are holding the small button, connect the Micro USB on your tablet and check if it's being securely plug-in 9. Go back to your computer and check if there is a pop up menu then click on Yes to go next with the update and wait for the progress bar to complete 10. Click on OK once the update has been done. Go back to your Tablet and observe the screen. 11. Do the usual stuff when you first configure the tablet to use it again.
The steps that you have performed is basically reinstalling the firmware and reverting everything back to factory settings. Upon doing so, this will delete all your files that cannot be retrieve unless you have it backed up or re-download those again and start over.
See more questions like this: How can i unlock my andoid phone
After I press and hold the Volume down and power, it does not show any options
Did you know that not all Android devices has the same way on how you can reset it back to factory settings?
There are some Android devices that you need to press and hold a Volume up, power button and home button in order for you to access the recovery menu and do factory reset and other stuff that you want to do on your Android unit.
Another way of resetting from a different manufacturer would need to use a PC suite. The PC will be required for you to reset it back to factory settings. A good example of these tablets are Nabi Tablet and a Digital 2 tablet or D2.
When I release the buttons to reset my Android unit, it just goes back to pattern screen. Why?
There are three possible reasons why it keeps going back to pattern again when you attempt to reset your android device back to factory setting.
First reason: You did not press and hold the proper buttons. If the buttons that you press is not the combination buttons, basically the screen would just go back to the pattern that you need to unlock the phone screen again.
Second reason: Your Android device may have a different pattern to reset. Some Android device does not require you to press some buttons to access its recovery menu and to perform a factory reset. Some manufacturers set other methods to access the recovery menu and do a reset of their Android unit. Some needs to be poke in the reset hole or even PC companion for the reset.
Third reason: Possible also that you did not turn off the Android unit when you tried to access the recovery menu. Upon accessing it, you need to shut the device completely by taking the battery out or by press and hold power and tap turn off then do the buttons for you access it.
I have entered the email address that I know it is not being accepted and keeps saying invalid. But I am certain that it is the correct login
If you think that the email address that you put in is the correct email. Supposedly, it will automatically send an email to your own email address as it was being accepted. If it says it’s invalid then it is not the correct email address. Try to recall the email addresses that you are using in order for you to get the correct pattern or password to unlock the Android device. If all else fail, you need to reset the device back to its default condition.
I cannot find the camera button to reset the device
Typically, there is no camera button for android devices except it’s on screen button but some brands and their product model has. Normally for resetting the device back to factory settings does not require camera button. The reset could be done by going to the settings or by pressing combination of keys and even using a PC Suite or reset hole.
If the Android device you have owned does not have a camera button, that means that you do not need to include the camera button to reset it back to default and need to have a different combination keys to do so.
See more questions like this: I can't open the device i forgot the password
I think my wife is cheating on me and I want to bypass her lock screen to check her messages, emails and other stuff
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the security lock on the phone and you really need to unlock it by entering the correct pattern or it’s password. If you wanted to know her messages and emails on phone, here are the suggestions to what you can do: 1. If you have son of daughter, you can ask them to pretend to borrow their moms phone then pretend that they will text their friends for school related and any other reason that she would let them use her phone. 2. Spy your wife personally for you to have a real time update to where she is going or to know who she is meeting with.
My Android tablet does not have internet access, what can I do next to unlock the device home screen
If the tablet does not have internet access, you can try to go to the last place where you used it for internet access. That is only if your tablet’s Wi-Fi is still enabled for you to go on forgot password or pattern then unlock the tablet. If all else fail, unfortunately you need to reset the tablet instead and will delete all contents. Except to the SD card data as they would remain.
See more questions like this: Why i cant unlock my android tablet
How to put gmail account to an Android 4.1 in an itel Android phone
Please do remember that there are some Android phones that does not have an option for forgot password to enter your gmail account for you to recover the pattern or the password to unlock the home screen. To see the option to enter your gmail account, you need to try to unlock the phone home screen at least 3 or 5 times and it will show the option to unlock where you can enter your gmail account.
See more questions like this: To factory reset itel 1400 phone
After pressing and hold the power and volume down, it did not unlock the phone
Pressing and hold the power and the volume down will not unlock the phone automatically. This will only let you access the recovery menu and perform a hard reset that way. However, buttons may not be required for you to access the recovery menu as it may need your PC Suite or a reset hole that you need to poke.
I'm at my home with Wi-Fi, but the Wi-Fi is not on so it won't connect
If the Wi-Fi you have at home is currently off, why not turn it on for the tablet to get a connection for you to surf the internet on the tablet and other purposes that you wanted to use. If you forgot the password or pattern it is best that you leave your Wi-Fi to enable just in case and for you to do a forgot pattern or password.
If you are trying to unlock the tablet but cannot perform forgot password. Unfortunately, you need to perform a hard reset of the device instead to unlock it and start all over for the applications and any files that you have. If you have it backed up, then you can restore it later after you do a hard reset.
Once you have managed to unlock it. It is best that you “Need” to make a copy on a piece of paper to write down the password or make a drawing of a pattern and put it in your wallet. At least that way you can easily recall the password or pattern you set.
When I try to turn off my phone for the first step to reset, it does not turn off
If you are going to turn off your phone. You need to press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds and there will be a pop-up option where you need to select power off or turn off device. If it does not show up and option where you can tap on turn off, you can simply take the battery out of the back of you Android device if it's detachable. In case that you have a tablet or non detachable battery, you can try to remove the back cover by unscrewing but it will void the warranty if it’s still under it or simply wait till it consumes the battery power.
See more questions like this: I just reset my passcode on my galaxy note 3 and now when i try to type the new passcode it says its wrong
It still appear on the screen that require me to sign in my google account that i tried many times but it doesn't work
Make sure that you have press the proper buttons to access the menu to reset the Android device you have. Each Android unit has its own combination of buttons for you to access the recovery and some might have a reset hole that you need to poke with a paper clip or small thin and pointed object or even a software that it came with the product before you can revert it to factory settings.
See more questions like this: I forgot password on my samsung galaxy ace, it had numbers and letters also didn't register with google account, but need the data is there any app that could by pass screen lock
I have my phone locked out for more than a month now and it is not connected to the internet. How can I open the phone without resetting?
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can bypass the lock password or the pattern that you set for security purposes. There are only two ways that you can unlock the phone either by: Hard reset which you are deleting all data back to factory settings or select on forgot pattern where you just have to type in your email address (Gmail, Yahoo or any that you register in the phone) where the phone send an email to that email that you can view to know what it was to unlock.
See more questions like this: I have a customers rca 7" tab and It needs to be flashed
The phone of my brother keeps asking for an email address but he doesn't know what it was. Any solution?
If your brother has a phone that keeps on asking for an email but he doesn't know what it was, then that means that your brother forgot the pattern or the password that he have created on his phone. The only solution to what he can do is to reset the phone, but all apps, messages, contacts, documents and any other stuff will be wipe out but not the ones that are in the external storage or the SD card.
Which SDK do I need to download?
You need to download the SDK file from here:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and not the www.developer.android.com/sdk/index.html. Take the triple w out and type it in directly the address in the URL box.
You need to download the programs that suits your computer which runs in Windows or Mac operating system and Linux Operating system as well. There are 64 Bit and 32 Bit support for windows based computer that same goes with Linux Operating System and Macintosh of 64 Bit only . For SDK Tools, you can select any of the same Operating system for you to use the program. Just make sure that you computer pass the minimum requirements of the tools to use and install it on your computer.
See more questions like this: Need adb commands to byepass Google accounts verification
I forgot the password of my gmail and cannot unlock the phone. What can I do?
If you forgot the password of your gmail account. You can simply go to https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?ard=AHwGkRmlWuDhxCP556v1tjTxsMVRHoAQVzNQIWYETskMWsolr1S7ozu4VgQwKH0cRiNGzU7bpew0B33p2dgP-YiMK3Uxwp8a8q9AyA8Ifzp94l9HHKuk9suWTOkfD9CPxCRjCP11i4U9uRZajNb8N_3t_RpiZn7cug the link then select any of the three selection that you can find on screen. Once you have recover your email address, put it in your phone or tablet that you are having problem with to unlock it. If ever you cannot recover the password of your email address, you can simply perform a reset to the device to unlock it.
See more questions like this: My call touch tab pattern lock forgot what i do
What can I do if I did not put an email to my Android phone and how can I connect it to the internet?
If you did not put an email account to your Android phone. Basically, you cannot download any application from the playstore as it requires an email account for you download and install the apps that you want on your phone. The email address is also required for you to recover pattern or lock in case that you forgot what it was. There are two ways that you can connect the phone to the internet, using data plan from the network provider like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and any other. The second way to connect is by Wi-Fi connection either at home or to any establishment that offers free access to the internet or to public places.
See more questions like this: What can I do if I don't have an internet connection
There is no forgot pattern option on my Android phone, how can I make it appear?
The forgot password is only accessible once you have attempted to open the phone phone by putting in an incorrect pattern or password (5 times or so) to the device security screen. There are also some mobile phones that they do not have this option as you need to directly reset the Android device to factory settings instead of recovering the password or pattern you set which you find it inappropriate as it appears to be limited support or missing feature for recovering security.
See more questions like this: How can i get into my android phone. forgot my pin
I do not know my AT&T username and password, what should I do first?
If you forgot your AT&T email username and password. You can simply call AT&T since they are your carrier which they can look it up on their data base and provide it to their customer. Direct you call to AT&T customer care and ask the person on the other line that you need to know your user name and password of your AT&T account. The AT&T username is usually on email format with your first name and last name or you have it personalized when you first set up with AT&T
See more questions like this: I dont know user name and then my password
I pressed the suggested buttons but did not get the recovery menu. What to do next?
If you did not get the recovery menu, make sure that you have pressed the correct combination of buttons on how to access the recovery menu. The keys for the recovery menu depends from the phone manufacturer and it's model. Make sure that the phone is currently off and try the following combinations:
Press Volume + (UP) then Power button and hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear Press Volume - (Down) then Power button and hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear Press Volume + (UP) then Power button and home button then hold for at least 30 seconds or till an Android logo would appear
There are some Android devices that are so tricky that you do not need to do the following combinations keys to reset the unit. One good example is an Android Karbonn A6 phone which requires a PC program to reset. There are some Androids that has a reset button that you need to use a pin or a small pointy object to press the reset button.
I forgot my old gmail password. What can I do to reset?
If you forgot the password of the old gmail you have. You need to try and recall what it was for you to retrieve your email address. In order for you to reset the phone. You can do the steps found in this article and be able to unlock the phone.
See more questions like this: I forgot my android password, i need to reset it. can you help me
Someone played on my phone and when i tried to unlock it, it keeps on asking for email address that I do not know
Most likely that the person who played with your phone change the pattern on your phone if you did not set one or if you have password or pattern you provided it to that person and he changed it. what you can do first is try to recall who was the last 5 people used your phone and ask them if they change some settings on your phone that you cannot unlock it any more. If they all say that they did not change any of the settings, then try to recall what are your email address that are active. Normally, you would use your personal email on the phone for downloading apps and any other.
If all else fail, your option is to reset the phone and your photos, videos, contacts and any other files in the phone/internal storage will be cleared out or wipe but not the ones in the SD card.
What if I forgot my email and password. How can I unlock my phone?
If you forgot your email and password that you have registered on your phone. What you can do is to reset the device back to the factory settings instead. However, this will reset all settings and wipe all your downloaded applications, documents, photos and any other. Here are some procedure that you can try to reset the phone:
Generic reset Method:
- 1Turn off the phone2Press and hold volume up3Press and hold Home button if it has then power button at the same time4Wait for 20 seconds or until it shows an icon of an Android with a logo or warning sign.5Use your volume keys and navigate to Wipe data then select yes to start the process.After the process has been done, go back and select the option for reboot or restart for the phone to reboot.6If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
If in case that you have a Sony Xperia J or other Xperia model. You need to reset the device by using a PC suit or PC companion for you to unlock the phone home screen. Here's how you reset:
- 1Turn off the phone by simply taking the battery out for 5 seconds and put it back in.2Go to your computer and install the PC Companion that came in the package or download it from http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/3Launch the Sony PC Companion and select the Software update from the set of choices.4After you select the agreement, check the box that you agree to the condition to what will happen to your phone data and it will start the process of showing you the list of phone models and select the correct model of your phone.5After you select your phone model and click next to continue as it will show a picture on what you need to do next.Simply press the Volume down on your phone and connect the USB cord to your PC and to your mobile phone.6Your computer screen will change and wait until the update has been completed on your computer.Normally, this will take 1 to 3 minutes.7After the process of reinstalling the firmware, you need to turn remove the USB from the phone and remove the battery from the back for 5 seconds and turn it on.8If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Once the phone has been restarted, your phone will start like brand new that you need to configure it from scratch. The reboot process may take 1 to 3 minutes since you have reinstalled the operating system of the phone. Note that the phone's internal storage space are the ones will get deleted but not what is on the SD card.
See more questions like this: Can i unlock my htc touch without internet
I have an Android 4.4 and it has no forgot password button=
If it does not show as it has forgot password then the device is not connected to the internet, either Wi-Fi or Packet data. In order for you to have the forgot password option you need to think of the last place where your phone was connected to the Wi-Fi network. Normally the network will be saved in the phone's list of recent networks that your phone was connected. However, this is only applicable if your left the Wi-Fi as being enabled on your phone and it not, then what you need to do is a factory reset on your phone that will result to data loss.
I forgot the password to unlock the phone, what do I need to do?
If you forgot the password for your phone to unlock it, you can still recover it. However, this is only applicable if the phone is still connected to the internet for it to be available. Attempt to unlock the phone at least 5 times then the button for forgot password will be available.
This will ask for your google or email address and it's password. After you enter the email address it will automatically send and email to your own email address that contains the correct password to unlock your device. If the device is not connected to the internet as it was not left as enabled then you may need to reset the device back to factory settings that will result to deletion or erase data on your device. But if you have made a back-up before to a computer or recently, then you can have them restore and if not, you need to get them back one by one.
There is no forgot password on my device, what can I do to unlock it?
If there is no option forgot password on your device, what you can do to unlock it is by performing a hard reset. However, this will permanently erase your data on the device that you can no longer recover (Except only if you have a back-up). See below on how you can reset an Android device using the generic method:
1. Turn off the device
2. Press and hold the following buttons on your device:
Press Volume Up Plus Power
Press Volume Down Plus Power
Press Volume Up Plus Home button then Power
Press Volume Down Plus Home then Power
Once there you felt a vibration, you need to let go of the power button but continue holding the others till it shows the Recovery Menu. If there is no vibration, what you need to do is to wait at least 20 seconds then let go of the buttons and wait till you see an Android logo.
3. Use the volume keys to highlight the Wipe data and reset then use your home nor power button to select then highlight YES again.
4. After the reset, select back then go to reboot to restart the device and start all over like when you first got the device.
It won't help me get on because I dislabled my digital 2 tablet and I can't do anything on it until I put the google account but I forgot it. What can I do to unlock my tablet again?
The Digital 2 tablet is also know as D2 Pad. In order for you to reset the device, you can reset the tablet in two ways by installing the PC LiveSuit that came in the package for you to perform a reset to factory on your tablet or by doing the generic pattern to perform a hard reset. Either way can help you resolve the problem getting locked out from the tablet and be able to log back in. However, this will erase all of your data which you can longer recover except if you have a back up and re-download the apps. Here are the steps:
1. Download the live suit on your computer for you to use and manage the re-installation of the firmware which is equivalent to reset.
2. Once you have it downloaded the PC LiveSuit, look for the LiveSuit folder then open to check it's contents. Look for the LiveSuit.exe file for you to run the installer and open the program or the PC Livesuit Manager.
3. During the installation, simply click on YES then select the Manadatory after then click the next or continue on screen. Once it is done, click on finish. To counter check also if you have the firmware of the tablet, go back to the folder from the one you have downloaded and check if the name of D2-1105_GMS.img exist as this is the firmware.
4. After the installation of the PC LiveSuit, get your USB cord then connect it to your computer. Before you connect your the cord on your tablet, look for a small circular button on the tablet that is next to the micro USB port, press and hold it. While holding the button, connect now the other end of the USB cord on the tablet and make sure that is being secured when you plug it in.
5. Once you plug in the cord on the tablet, you should be able to see there a message on screen snd click Next to it to start the process then wait for the update to be done on your computer screen. Once done, click on OK then observe the tablet screen as it will reboot and wait till it is ready. After the reboot, simply do the same configuration, download apps and so on on your tablet to get it back again.
The PC LiveSuit re-installation of the firmware is much applicable in case that the volume buttons on your tablet or any buttons is no longer working and applicable for Digital2 7" PAD Deluxe (D2 - 713G). If you have a Digital 2 or D2 tablet with a product model of: D2-727(G) & D2-927G you can also follow the LiveSuit or the steps below:
1. Turn off the tablet but pressing the power and hold them select shut down.
2. Press and hold the Volume keys on the tablet first then press the power. Once you see the D2 logo on your tablet screen, let go of all the buttons and wait for the Android logo.
3. Once the Android logo appears on screen, press the power button then hold and the Volume Up key. The menu on your screen will be available and use the volume keys to highlight the Wipe data and Reset then power to select.
4. After the process of reset, select the reboot and wait for the device to boot up and all will not be set to factory settings.
there is no reset button on my Digital 2 tablet
This is only normal that you are not seeing a reset button on your D2 tablet. This is because that the tablet model does not have that button, which you need to press a combination of keys for you to access the Recovery menu and Wipe data and restore the device back to factory settings. If you want to reset the tablet, you may follow the steps:
1. Turn off the tablet
2. Press and hold volume keys then the power and wait for the D2 logo to show up on screen then let go of it. Once you see an Android logo lying with a red mark on, press and hold the volume up and power again to have the menu up on screen.
3. Once you have the recovery Menu up, highlight the wipe data then reset and wait until it is done. Once it is done, select the reboot on screen then the tablet is now set back to default values.
I have problem with my swift tab 2 as i have type too many patters so that it is locked and ask my email and password but i know the email id but forgot the password.i go the google recovery and change password this email and new password is not accepting?
I have problem with my swift tab 2 as i have type too many patters so that it is locked and ask my email and password but i know the email id but forgot the password.i go the google recovery and change password this email and new password is not accepting
Howikis QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Recent edits by: jaydeeran, Melsan, Inukshuk
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 111,162 times.