How to Play PSP Games on PC using PPSSPP Emulator
Edited by Howik Admin, Doug Collins, Eng, Rowan and 6 others
A lot of us like to play games in our free time, and some of us are even addicted to gaming. Sometimes, you will have a game that you want to play, but you don't have the right game console. This tutorial will teach you how to install and play PSP games on your PC, using PPSSPP PSP Emulator.
- PC with a single core CPU of at least 2.0GHz or higher
- 256MB graphic card or higher (It may work on a built-in GPU)
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 OS
- 7-Zip or WinRAR for zip file extraction 7-Zip or [http:/www.win-rar.com/download.htm WinRar)
- PPSSPP Emulator the latest version PPSSPP
- PSP ROMs (ISO)
- At least 5GB free disk space on your computer (for application and ROM storage)
- PlayStation Controller or XBOX controller(optional) I use a PlayStation controller
Edit Download and Install PPSSPP Emulator
- 1First, download and install zip file extractor.
I recommend 7-Zip because it is an open source application, it is free, and it can extract almost all zip formats. We will use this application to extract PPSSPP emulator and to extract the PSP Game ISO.2Check your Windows Operating System type.
To check, click Start, right-click “Computer”, then click "Properties", and then "System Type".3Now, download the correct PPSSPP emulator for your Windows - If your operating system is running on 32-bit, download the installer for 32-bit.
If your operating system is running on 64-bit, download the installer for 64-bit.4After you have downloaded it, you need to extract the folder inside the zip file.
Right-click the PPSSPP zip file and click "Extract files", select a destination folder, then click "OK". (In this tutorial I will extract all zip files to the Desktop screen.)5Now, open the extracted folder to make sure the files are there.
You will see the folder name after the extraction, and the files inside the folder on the screenshot below:6Minimize the PPSSPP folder and download ROMs or games.
You can download them here: (www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_Portable_ISOs/44). Use the letters to browse the game that you want. In this tutorial I will download Tekken Dark Resurrection. Click the letter “T”.78Scroll down until you find "Direct Download", and click the game's name.
It will redirect you to the download page. Look for "Direct Download" again, and click the game's name to start the download.9Wait until the download is done, then extract it.
Go to the Download folder, right click the zip file, and click "Extract files".10Change the destination folder to "Desktop" and click "OK" to extract it.11Now, go to the extracted ROM folder and right-click it, then click "Open".Look for the “RAR File” and right-click it, then click "7-Zip", then "Extract files".12Change the destination folder to "Desktop" and click "OK" to extract it.13To play the game, go to the PPSSPP folder again and right click the "PPSSPPWindows" file, and click "Run as administrator".14If you have a controller for your PC, connect it.
Now you need to load the game. On the main screen of the emulator, click "Load", then navigate to the game ISO path (it should be on the Desktop), and click "Open".15Play the game and enjoy!Win in Tekken16
Edit How to Map Keyboard Controls in PPSSPP
- 1During the game, hit the "ESC" key to access the screen menu.23456
Edit Troubleshooting: If PPSSPP Software Always Closes
Make Sure That You Downloaded the Correct File for Your Operating System
First, you need to check and make sure that your computer is running in 32-bit Windows or, 64-bit Windows.
- 1Click on your start menu.2Go to "Control Panel".3Go to "System maintenance".4Click on "System".5Under system, you can view the system type.6Check if you have 32bit or 64bit Windows.7If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Download The PPSSPP Zip File That is Compatible on Your System Type
- 1Download this if you have 32bit windows - http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win.zip2Download this if you have 64bit windows - http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win64.zip3Extract it in your computer directory.4If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Make Sure That You Have Administrative Rights While Opening the Application
- 1Go to the folder where you extracted the PPSSPP emulator.2Right click on PPSSPPWindows.exe and select "Run as administrator".3If you don't select "Run as administrator", the program will close right after you open it.4If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Make Sure That You Have an Updated DirectX and Installed VC2010 Redist
You can have an updated DirectX by updating your Windows.
- 1Click "Start" and go to the control panel.2Click "System", then click the automatic update tab.3Go to "Performance and Maintenance".4Click "System".5Click the automatic update tab.6Select the option that you want to update.7If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Install VC2010 Redist or Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- 12Click "Download".3Click "No Thanks and Continue.4Install VC2010 Redist.5If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
Fix Missing DLL Files
- 1Download MSVCP100.dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/msvcp100.zip?0WJjWBcFmU2Download MSVCR100.dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/msvcr100.zip?0WJjWBcHjR3Extract it in your computer directory.4Right click on the files and select "Copy" or press Ctrl + C in your keyboard.5Go to "My Computer" then to drive C:, or where your Windows is installed.6Go to "Windows" folder.7Look for "System 32" and "System" folders.8Paste "MSVCP100.dll" and "MSVCR100.dll" in "System 32" and "System" folders.9If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
If PPSSPP Emulator Always Close in Windows 7 and Windows 8 64-bit Operating System
If you're still having problems using this application in your Windows 7 and Windows 8, then try this old emulator build. You can download it here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=detail&rev=v0.8-67-g81c6e63&platform=windows-amd64
Note from one howikian on his success with running this PPSSPP emulator (corpse party ISO) on Windows 8
I use ppsspp and I have windows 8. Works like a charm with the corpse party ISO. Also, if you have the iso, please note that; One, the opening cutscene's audio will not play sometimes, as is normal with some emulators. And two, the X key acts as the Circle button on a psp, going back. And the Z key acts as the X button on psp. You may use the arrow keys as if using the analog stick as well. Happy gaming.
Edit Is PPSSPP Gold For Windows a Free Download?
PPSSPP Gold is not free. You need to send donations to the developer to get the gold version. They use PayPal as their payment processor, but you can use a credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.
The gold version is the same as the normal version. The only difference between the two is the icon.
- 1Open your web browser and go here - http://central.ppsspp.org/buygold2Choose the amount that you want to donate.3Click "Buy Now" and you will be redirected on the payment page.4After the payment has been completed, you will be redirected to the download page.
You will also receive an email with your receipt and the download page.5
Edit Upgrade to PPSSPP GOLD
Unfortunately PPSSPP GOLD is not free but you can choose the amount you would like to pay. It's just like a donation, because you will still get the same features, even if you choose the lowest price to purchase PPSSPP Gold. Here's the price list if you want to upgrade to PPSSPP GOLD:
If you want to upgrade to PPSSPP GOLD, you will need to have a verified PayPal account or a credit card to be able to purchase and download the installer.
Why Upgrade to PPSSPP GOLD?
- 1PPSSPP GOLD has all of the PlayStation portable emulation benefits that are available with the free edition.2It offers quicker emulation and more programs in comparison to some other PlayStation portable emulators.3There are boosted high-resolution visuals, along with up-scaled textures.4There is a turbo key for all those slow-to-play RPGs.5It carries an elegant, fantastic symbol that you'll be able to show off to your pals.6If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
For your convenience we have recorded these instructions in a video. You can watch this video to help clarify the instructions in this Wiki. Please keep in mind that the Wiki is always being updated, so the Wiki instructions may be more up to date than the video. 
Edit Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Ensure that you have the latest graphic drivers.
- Make sure you have latest Directx, and if any problems occur while running the emulator, download VC2010 redist (www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555)
- Make sure that you have admin rights or, you're using your computer as an administrator.
- Make sure that you run PPSSPPWindows.exe as administrator. Right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator".
- The PPSSPP ROM compatibility list has been taken down due to its large and hard to maintain list. For now, you can check the forums for the ROM compatibility here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1473
- Also, try other games even they are not on the list (some might work so just do "trial and error").
- The PPSSPP is also available for MacOSX, Linux, Android, iOS, and many other platforms.
- Some sound effects maybe missing on some games. Just wait for an update and it may fix the issue.
- If you want to win big in one of the more popular games, Tekken, go to Win in Tekken.
EditQuestions and Answers
How to insert game-pad on PSP emulator?
To use your game pad with a PSP emulator, plug it in to connect it to your PC, and it should work because the latest version of PPSSPP supports XInput and DInput devices. If you have found a problem with the controller you are trying to use, you can download applications like Xpadder, Motioninjoy for PS3 controller, or x360ce for XBOX 360 controller emulator.
You can use your as a game pad for your PC, as well. To use your PSP as a controller, you will need to connect your PSP to the computer, using the USB cable. When you plug in your PSP to the computer, an AutoPlay window will appear with the destination folder of your PSP; memorize it well or write it down. Download FuSa Game-pad and run it to open the installer, which will have instructions on what to do as well. Browse for the destination folder of your PSP, then click Install. After it's done installing, and while your PSP is connected to the computer, open the Game folder on your PSP, and then select Memory Stick. It will show you "Connecting" for a while, then it will say "Connected" when it connects to the PC. Open your emulator, select Options, and then click on Plugins. In the controller's search for your PSP plugin, it could be under the name of PSP Type D, Joystick, or anything else (other than Controller, Keyboard, or Mouse). Save the changes you made by clicking OK, and you will be able to set your PSP as a controller for the player you choose. Afterwards, you will be able to configure it the way you want.
You can simply connect your game-pad in your computer. Now, in the emulator go to settings configuration and set your game-pad mappings and use it as default. But, if it does not work then you should download the latest build of PPSSPP that supports your controller here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
See more questions like this: How to open cso file with psp emulator
There is no such file like a Tekken, except there is a system information file. What should I do?
You are having an incomplete or interrupted download. Download the ROM file again, this time making sure that your download is completed. Perform the same steps as indicated above and you should have the file on your computer.
Make sure when you`re backing up your original PSP games the file format you use is in iso or cso. The ppsspp emulator will only read those formats.
To make backups of your games, your PSP must be running a custom firmware. Here`s a tutorial on how to install the custom firmware as well as makeing iso backups:
See more questions like this: My system is not run this software help me
Sir ppsspp main takkan 6 game install karna hai?
Please explain your problem in full detail
Unfortunately I cannot understand what you are asking, even using Google translate I still can't decipher the words that you have said. I will assume that you are having some troubles in installing the game Tekken 6. Here is how to make it work.
- First is download the emulator PPSSPP here http://www.ppsspp.org/
- Now extract the file and run the PPSSPP.exe it is a portable software so it will not need any installation.
- Download the game Tekken 6 here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_PlayStation_Portable_ISOs/Tekken_6_(USA)/158586 after downloading go to the file and extract it. There should be an ISO inside the file.
- Now to play, Run PPSSPP.exe and open file.
- Go to browse and go to the folder where you have extracted the game Tekken 6
- After selecting the Tekken.iso file you can play it. No need to install anything.
Please read this carefully and look at the pictures provided by the author how to install and run the game.
Yes, I am going to need your problem in full detail in order for me to help you with your question. Please respond with your full detail to receive the correct amount of help in regards to your situation.
How do i download ppsspp emulator for windows 7?
I want to downlaod the emulator free
The PPSSPP emulator is absolutely free of charge and you can download it. There is gold version but it is the same as the normal version.Their only difference is the icon. Here is the link for the emulator. Just simply click the link and download it.
Windows 32xbit user http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win.zip
Windows 64xbit user http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win64.zip
Since you are using a Windows 7 then, always run as administrator the emulator to enable it to function properly.
You can download the latest version 0.9.7.2 for windows here:
You will need to unzip the file after download and install from the extracted files. Also of note, the new version will require the VC run-time from Microsoft. You can find it here:
See more questions like this: Which is the ppsspp emulator version for takken
My GPU Driver is : Intel chipset g33/g31?
Can i run ppsspp on my computer?
Yes I'm pretty sure you can PPSSPP on your computer with a GPU driver of Intel chipset g33/g31. But the games you are trying to run on your emulator might vary.Before running it make sure to download the compatible version of the PPSSPP on your computer. Then update your DirectX and Installed VC2010 Redist.
for Windows 32bit user http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win.zip
for Windows 64bit user http://ppsspp.org/files/0_9_1/ppsspp_win64.zip
Extract the file, and right click to the application and run as administrator.
Yes, you should be able to run the PSP Emulator with minimal graphics capability. The only real way to know whether or not it will run on your computer is to download it and try it out. Since its an emulator that was made mostly by a couple people for little to no profit, its hard to find a list of supported graphics cards. Although if I had to guess, I would say you will be just fine.
My ppspp is not found msvcp100.dll.WHY?
My ppspp is not found msvcp100.dll.WHY?
If MSVCP100.DLL is not found and error occured, you can simply download the file here
After downloading the file, go to download folder and extract it. Then copy the file and paste it on the folder where your ppspp application is. Copy it again and this time go to C:\Windows\System32 and paste it to that directory. Then restart the PPSPP and run as administrator.
If you installed the latest 0.9.7 release of ppsspp for windows, you will also need to install Microsoft`s visual c++ runtime dll package. You can read the ppsspp release info here:
Download the visual c++ package here:
See more questions like this: Why ppsspp saying that graphics card does not support opengl2.0
Was just curious to know if i can use six axis pair tool to play ppsspp on my PC with a ps3 controller?
Ppsspp on PC with ps3 controller
Well I cant really say if you can really use it. But it does support using the PS3 controller on PPSSPP. You can actually try using it to PPSSPP for better gaming. The PS3 controller can be map on the settings of the PPSSPP emulator, then configure it there to be able to use it. Or you can contact them through their official website :
Actually there are some reports that not all of the PS3 controllers are 100% working in PPSSPP. Thus, most of them are fake, but they have also claimed that in order to successfully connect and use your PS3 controller in PPSSPP you must connect it via USB cable and not via wireless so that the PPSSPP won`t have any troubles in detecting it.
See more questions like this: Sure! hmm i don`t know how to install it. can you help me
I am trying to play naruto heroes on my PC via ppsspp emulator but only i can hear is audio.icannot see the video?
I am trying to play naruto heroes on my PC via ppsspp emulator but only i can hear is audio.I cannot see the video please can yo help me
Have you tried checking your system if it does meet the requirements in order to play games using the emulator in your computer? If not you can try to check it here:
- PC with a single core CPU of at least 2.0GHz or higher
- 256MB graphic card or higher (It may work on a built-in GPU)
- 2 GB RAM or higher
If you meet the requirements above then the problem is with in the game, either you have downloaded the game and that file is corrupt that's why it does not have any video. On other hand, you can try playing it on a different computer those are High-end computers. If it plays the video then it simply means that your computer is unable to render the video cause your video graphics is not enough to play the video. Also try to update your Drivers such as VGA and AUDIO.
There are certain games that needs a very high end computer to be able to run the game properly and smooth. However, if you are experiencing no video, you can try to go to settings or configuration menu and look for the video rendering option and change the settings there. Now, you can also try to upgrade your video drivers and install the latest DXdiag run time and moreover, upgrade your computers hardware for better gaming.
See more questions like this: I can't use the emulator cause i have 1 problem,it's msvcp100.dll
I wan to download BEN10 ultimate alien?
I don't know how to do
If you want to download that game so badly but you don't know what to do and how. It would be my pleasure to help you with that and also guide you step by step to get the game Ben 10 Ultimate Alien. Okay now follow my quick and easy step by step.
- First is you need to go to http://www.emuparadise.me/ to look the game.
- Now in that site you will see a text in a box that says " Search emuparadise,," type the name of the game that you are looking, in your case it's Ben 10 ultimate alien.
- Then hit enter or search.
- The page will now show you the results just scroll down a little to see the results.
- Under the name of the game you can see if for what kind of system is it for. PSP is Sony PlayStation Portable.
- Once you chosen the game you are looking click it.
- Now you will see a "Navigation menu" select number 7 that says download links and click it.
- Then it will direct you the links the link looks like this "Download Ben 10 - Ultimate Alien - Cosmic Destruction (USA) (637M)".
- Simply click it.
- Now, you'll be moved again to another page, in that page scroll down till you see the "Download Ben 10 - Ultimate Alien - Cosmic Destruction (USA) - File Size: 637M " again and click it.
- Then your download will begin to start.
If you are looking for such games, like Ben 10 ultimate alien. You can try using the search button in the http://www.emuparadise.me/ and look for it. However, there are some games that are not made for PSP. So, if you don`t find the game then make sure there is really a game that has been released for PSP users.
My ppsspp was a missing file in there, what would i do?
What should i do am using a window 7 please help it not working its saying there a missing file in there and something about my graphics help!
It does work in Windows 7. Since you have a windows 7 OS (operating system) therefore your computers specification is high enough to be able to run it smoothly. If you are having a confusion about the missing files, then you can download it over the Internet for free and no hustle. If the files that are missing are with extensions of ".dll" then you can manually download those files at http://www.dll-files.com/ all your needs of .dll files are there. After downloading the file simply extract it and copy paste it the location of the PPSSPP.exe then copy and paste it again in C:\Windows\System32 and to run the PPSSPP.exe right click on it and "run as administrator.
For your Graphics, you should update it. For more info's try to read the whole article here and look at the provided screenshots of the author.
If you are having some troubles about some files that are missing while running the application PPSSPP then you can get those files here http://www.dll-files.com/. I am assuming that the said files that are missing are dll files. Now, regarding on your video graphics. You should update it up to the latest to avoid problems while running the application.
See more questions like this: How to mapping keyboard control on ppsspp
How to connect in multiplayer mode through wireless LAN in dragon ball z shin bodukai?
I'm using a PSP Emulator from my android phone.it doesn't connect to network battle mode even i keep my WiFi on
Unfortunately the PSP emulator does not support WLAN function at the moment. And if it does have there are quite few games are only available to play via Wireless LAN. The PPSSPP emulator only supports Adhoc connections that means your co-players must be in a close range.
In order to connect it, you must actually create an adhoc server using your server. And set it all up. However to be able too play you will need to be in a close range. Now, after setting up the Adhoc network, connect your PSP in that connection but you must first enable CWM in your PSP. This process is quite complicated. But if you really wish to try, there are things you need to create. Adhoc server, enable CWM o clock work mode in your PSP and set the IP on both of your computer and PSP and then connect it.
How to put a Game on PPSSPP On PC?
How to put a Game on PPSSPP On PC
There are two ways you can get the games from your PSP collection to your PC. If you own the digital downloads of your PSP games, simply copy the eboot.pbp file over from PSP to PC.
The other way will involve installing a custom firmware on your PSP. Check out the video here on how to do this:
Once you have this done, you`ll need to extract the PSP game to your PC. Insert the game disc into your PSP and connect to your PC with the USB cable. At the menu, select UMD as USB device and choose USB Connection in the settings. On your PC, a folder will pop up with a virtual ISO file. Just drag this file to your C drive and the copy process will start. That`s all you need to do.
See more questions like this: I have already downloaded the game I needed
I cant find the RAR file when i open my kingdom hearts birth by sleep folder?
There are a whole bunch zips and R files but i cant find the RAR file
Sometimes the compressed file doesn't have the *.RAR file and it is divided into multiple compressed files like *.R00, *.R01, *.R02, and so on. If that is the case, then you should start extracting it from the *.R00 file (or R01 - which ever has the least index number on its extension). You should have WinRAR or 7-Zip install by now. Since Windows doesn't recognized the R files extension yet, you need to do the following procedure; Right-click the file with the extension *.R00 (or *.R01) and then select "Open with...", and select WinRAR (or 7-Zip). After that you should be able to open it and start the extraction process and that's it. Take note, that need all of the R files in one folder while doing the extraction to avoid errors.
See more questions like this: How do I find the ISO file after the download
How to play tekken 6 PSP ISO on PC multiplayer?
How to play tekken 6 PSP ISO on PC multiplayer
Playing Tekken 6 in a PSP with your friend using a PPSSPP emulator in a computer, is quite hard to set up. Cause in order to play it with your friend you will need a CWM in your PSP and create a server for you two to join. The server would be adhoc, and enable your WiFi and set the IP of your computer and connect to your server.
See more questions like this: My pc ppsspp emulator says COULDNT FIND EXECUTABLE FILE*while trying to load tekken 6
Why it hang while playing(tekken 6)though i m using ppsspp gold premium with my PC configuration of windows 8 pro 64 bit ..ram 3gb..ddr 3..graphic card radeon hd 1 gb ..i have latest SDK and windows redistribute and one more like playstation the button of x is just oppositely placed in place of 0?
Above all said are my problems
Howikis QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Can't play demos because of error loading file?
Every time i try to load a demo on ppsspp v0.9.6.02 i get error loading file: failed to load executable: missing key how do i fix this problem?
The general consensus I have found, is that the demo`s on the PSP emulator do not work properly. If you have the proper PSP emulator version and all is working properly other than the demo, try using a normal full game ROM. You can find them here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_Portable_ISOs/44
See more questions like this: Can this emulator can run cso files
I downloaded the zip file for the installer of the PPSSPP, however, I dont see .rar file after the extraction
Whenever you are going to unzip the zip folder, it is not in the .rar automatically. It is on a folder, after the the process of unzipping the file, you should see a pop up on your screen. Then look for the name of the folder as ppsspp then run the program on your computer for you to start emulating psp game.
If you have a computer that has Winrar already installed and if a game has been compressed in .rar already. You just need to extract one time and no need to extract the second file the one that has been extracted to your computer. All you have to do is to copy the extracted game then paste it on the folder where you put all the games to play.
I have the game extracted on the computer but when I placed the game to the C: Drive, the game is not being detected. What can I do
More or less that the game directory of the emulator is not being set to that location that is why you are not seeing the game on the emulator's interface. What you can do is to set the path of the directory for the games to appear on your emulator, Simply Launch the emulator and follow the steps below:
1. Once you have the emulator on screen up. Go to the Games Tab on scree, left click it to open the options.
2. You will find there a lot of folders since it was saved to your Drive C or the preset folder to where it was set.
3. You will see there a Browse button on screen, click that Browse button and you will see a pop-up menu on screen.
4. Select the correct folder where your games are. If they are set to your Drive C: then click the Computer then the Local Disk C: and look for the folder where you placed all of the ISO.
Another way to set the directory is by going to the File tab on screen then you can select either Open Directory or the Open from MS: either way, select the directory for you to view all the games and be able to play them.
See more questions like this: Tekken 6 psp games is not working,i have downloaded ppssppp controller and do all the instrctions
I tried to go to the website to download the ppsspp emulator but I can't download the installer. What can I do?
If you are not able to download the installer on your own computer for some reason. Try to use other browsers like Fire Fox, Opera, Internet Explorer and any other that you have installed on your computer. If all else fail to download it on your computer directly.
You can download the installer instead to a different computer then use a Thumb Drive (USB) to save it and to transfer it to the computer where you want to install the program. You can try to ask a friend or relatives that has a computer then download using theirs, but if you have a second computer then use it to download.
Once you have downloaded the file from another computer, then move it to your computer and simply copy and paste it then extract and install. Once it has been installed, all you need to download are the games for you to run it on the ppsspp emulator.
See more questions like this: When i play ppsspp so he icon display ppsspp has stop working how can i solve it
It says on the step that go to the extracted ROM.I do not know What that means. I mean the ROM
When the step says look for the rar file or the ROM. That means to the extracted folder from the one that you have downloaded from a zipped filed. Remember that when you extracted the zipped file it extracted a folder that contains the ISO file for you to to place it on a certain folder for the emulator read and play it.
ROM Means Read Only Memory. Without any technical terms, this is an extracted file from the original game that contains the data as this is a class of a storage.
I have a Windows XP computer, how to install and how to run games?
The installation of the emulator is quite easy and it will not consume too much of your time upon doing so. Just make sure that your computer met the minimum requirements for the program to install and run properly on your Windows XP computer. The program will not just base with the Operating System, but also with the hardware components. Make sure that computer has the following:
CPU with at least a 2.0GHz or even higher Graphics card of 256MB or higher RAM of 2GB or Higher Windows computer, which you have is a Windows XP At least 500MB for the program or higher for your games
1. Once your computer met this following requirements to run the emulator properly. Go to this link: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html and download the program on your computer. Select the download for the Windows
2. Once it has been downloaded in your computer's download folder then look for it. If its on zipped file or in .rar, just right click it then click on extract here or to the destination you want.
3. After you extracted the file, look for the folder with a name of ppsspp where it contains the emulator and open it. You will find there two Dpad or Directional Pad icon that says PPSSPPWindows and the PPSSPPWindows64. The PPSSPPWindows is for 32Bit, so select the emulator you want to run then you should be able to see a blue window with the version of the ppsspp and other stuff.
If you have downloaded some ROMs or games that is placed in one folder, you need to set a directory. Once you set the directory of the program, it will automatically scan for the games on the computer then it will automatically list them in the games tab of yours. Here is how to:
1. Launch the PPSSPP Program
2. Click on Games Tab
3. You will see there a Browse below the Homebrew and Demos
4. Once you have the browse folder on screen. Look for the folder where you placed all your game ISOs then click OK after. You should be able to see all of your games on screen after you have applied it. Another way to set it is by clicking on file then Select the open Directory from the drop down menu to set your directory.
If you are able to install the program but you cannot run it as it ask for administrative permission. You can simply click run as an administrator on screen as it will be there and also you can right click the program then select the run as administrator for you to run the program. If you wanted to avoid this message, make sure that you are logged in as an administrator on the computer and not using guest or other sub accounts.
Where can I download the 64 bit of PPSSPP. Suggestion to Authors?
If you are going to download the PPSSPP emulator for windows computer. They are in one package already, whenever you are going to download the emulator from this link http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html, all you have to do is to unzip the file then open the extracted folder from it and you will find there two PPSSPPWindows. One is a PPSSPPWindows for 32 Bit and PPSSPPWindows64 for 64 Bit operating system. So you do not need to download them separately as they are in the same package.
See more questions like this: From where i can download emulator
How can I check the Windows system if my hardware are compatible with the PPSSPP, Suggestion to Authors?
You can check that in your computer icon on the desktop screen. It usually has a name of Computer or the name that you gave to it, like Melsan-PC where you can check the system properties for the requirements. Once you found the Computer or Melsan-PC (Just and example), just right click to that icon then on the drop down menu click on properties and it will show you a bunch of information. See the example picture below:
Another way of checking your computer properties is by going to the Start button then go to the Control Panel. Look for the System or the System and Security then click System, from there you will see the same stuff as right clicking on the computer icon on the desktop screen and properties.
Recent edits by: Izaya Orihara, Adrian Penaflor, Mac Evans Cerrillo
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 87,584 times.