Activate Glove Mode on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Rich, Lynn, Eng
This is part of the Howikis on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main Howikis on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 Howikis Articles
Samsung Galaxy S4 has optimized the touch screen to recognize inputs using fingers. When using anything other than your fingers, Samsung Galaxy S4's touch screen may not respond normally. There may have been times when you have tried to use your phone while wearing a glove, but noticed that it does not respond well to the inputs. Samsung has devised a way to deal with this and created an option to make the touch screen more sensitive so as to recognize inputs using gloves. To activate "Glove Mode," simply follow on the steps below:
Activating Samsung Glove Mode
- 1Go to your Home menu.2Tap on the "Applications" icon.3In the Applications folder, tap on "Settings" (gear icon).4In Settings, tap on "My Device."5Under My Device, tap on "Display."6
How to turn off Glove Mode
- 1Navigate to the Home menu.2Select the "Applications" icon.3Open "Settings."4Select "My Device."5Scroll down to "Display."6
Changes with Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Jelly Bean version 4.3 update
Samsung's Jelly Bean update to 4.3 made changes to some of the phone's features and one of them is the removal of "High Touch Sensitivity" option. The option to set your phone's screen to higher sensitivity has been removed but that is not a bad news at all. If you have not noticed, Samsung replaced that feature with a better one and termed it as "Auto adjust touch sensitivity". "Auto adjust sensitivity" feature, when enabled, will set your phone to automatically adjust touch sensitivity based on the material used in touching. This way, you won't have to manually enable and disable high sensitivity feature when using and removing your gloves. To set your phone to automatically adjust touch sensitivity, follow these:
- 1Press the Home button located on the middle part of your phone to get to your Home screen.You can also use the Back button by pressing it for a few times until it takes you to the Home screen.2From Home screen, tap on the Apps icon to view applications on your phone.3From the application menu, locate Settings and tap on it to open the application.4Once you are on the Settings, tap on "My Device" tab.5On "My Device", tap on "Display" option under Personalization.6On the "Display" page, scroll your way down to "More settings" and tap on the check box for "Auto adjust touch sensitivity".7Once checked, this will enable auto adjustment of touch sensitivity depending on the material used.If you are using Gloves or any similar woolen and cloth-like material, then your phone's screen will adjust to high-sensitivity. If you are using you bare finger, your phone will adjust to the default touch sensitivity.8You are done with setting automatic touch sensitivity adjustment on your Galaxy S4.
- Note: When enabled, this mode may consume more power than normal as the phone uses some extra sensors to analyze material used in touching the screen.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Leather gloves works best under this mode. Gloves made of other materials may still not work that well.
- You have to tap the touch screen more firmly than you would with bare fingers to relay the desired input on the touchscreen.
- If you are not wearing gloves, turn off the High Sensitivity Mode, as operating in this mode with bare fingers may cause unintended touch inputs on your phone.
Questions and Answers
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 9,392 times.